FS: Ibanez RG Prestige Loaded with OHSC $650

Rocklobsta1109

• Members

This guitar has just been painted by a 20+ year automotive paint professional. Its some weird blend of blue's from 2 different year Chevy Corvette's. It's been clear coated and it was laid on thick so the finish should be very durable. The finish has a few tiny imperfections on the back but you can't seem them unless your looking for them and they are nearly impossible to get a picture of because the guitar is so shiny.

Guitar has Dimarzio Crunch Lab/Liquifire pickups and Graphtech LB63 Ghost Piezo bridge. I'm still reassembling it from when it came back from paint. This was a RG2570 from 2007 and it does include the prestige case as well as all original parts and case candy. Looking for $525+shipping and paypal not looking for any trades really, maybe a nice acoustic.

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Hey man. Just to let you know up front Im not asking a buying question, plus I would imagine you have that sold by now anyways. However...

I was looking at installing the exact same setup in my guitar. I have an ESP LTD MH-350FR. It has a mahogany body, neck thru maple neck, quilted maple top and rosewood fretboard.

I absolutely loved the crunch lab and liquifire pickups in the last mahogany body guitar I had so I am going to buy them and install them again in this one. (I want them in a certain color combo is one reason not looking at buying this exact guitar otherwise i probably would)

I was going to buy the graph tech ghost LB-63 bridge and their acoustaphonic piezo system to install in the same guitar.

Seeing as how you have/had that guitar with the same stuff in it here are my questions for you...

1. Did you have the Crunch Lab/Liquifire combo in that guitar previous to installing the graphtech ghost trem and electronics or was it a simultaneous install?

The reason I ask is I was told that depending on how you wire it all up the ghost system can cause your magnetic pickups to be a little less hot and change their sound from them going through the piezo preamp.

Did you experience this at all or did the magnetics sound the same before and after the piezo install. If it was different how big of a difference was it?

2. Did the LB-63 bridge stay in tune well? I have read some positive and some negative reviews and the negative ones say it wont stay in tune well at all especially if you really use the whammy bar alot.

3. What wiring setup did you use with the ghost system, i.e... was it one jack or two jacks, etc...?? a link to the wiring diagram you used would be helpful so I could look at the exact one you used if you were happy with it, though Im guessing maybe you werent if you were/are selling all that stuff.

4. Why are/were you selling it all? What did you decide to go with instead?

any input from anyone else that would be able to have any advice on it is welcome and sorry to rocklobsta1109 and everyone else about the lengthy post, just wanted to be thorough. This is my first post on the forum.

Archived