FS-Ibanez 7 String (Japanese Prestige before there was Prestige)

somata

• Members

Want to send this on it's way nao...though I wish I could keep it as it's a great 7 string. One of the early non-Universe models.

Ibanez RG 7620 7 string w/case--$500.00 shipped to the lower 48

Good condition with occasional bumps and dings that are usual for the Ibanez basswood bodies. Any nicks have been touched up. Hate to get rid of it, but I just never play it and would rather send it to someone who will. Mirror pickguard has some wear from where I'd anchor my pinky when playing. Note that the pickguard is not screwed into place, but is attached with thin 2 sided tape, so you can ditch it easily if you don't want it. Won't ruin the finish. Includes non-Ibanez hardshell case.

Ibanez7FrontSide.jpg

Not looking for any trades at the moment, getting funds together for an Axe FX 2. US buyers only please (sorry). Paypal is cool as is a USPS money order.

PM here or email at:

thirdofmayrecords AT gmail DOT com

• Members

From the Ibanez Wiki:

"In 2003, Ibanez changed this and made every Japanese made model a Prestige"

Which is why I said before there was a Prestige. To be clear though, this is a Japanese model from 1997-98 before the wide use of the Prestige indicator for all Japanese made guitars. At any rate, it's a killer 7 for a good price...sorry for any confusion.

• Members

For the record though, "Prestige" is a level of Ibanez guitars and the moniker has little to do with where the instrument is made. Prestige models are made all over the world. Wikipedia is where morons go to show the world their knowledge, don't believe what you see on there 90% of the time...

Either way, nice axe man. Very classic.

• Members

Thanks for the kind words guys! Also (because I got a pm asking) I'm fairly certain it is from 1998, pickups are the original Dimarzio New 7 pickups, and trem is Lo Pro Edge in black chrome...

Just to fill in whatever I may have missed, more info on this model, here:

http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/RG7620

and here:

http://www.jemsite.com/articles-menu/7-string-specs-rg-w-tremolo/

And a bump...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived