history of the TB-303 video...

Unfed

• Members

thought this was pretty cool. starts out pretty slow and the narrator needs a kick in the ass, but there's alot of cool info in there. not exactly sure how precise it all is (i don't think an actual 303 was used on Newcleus' 'Jam On It' or Madonna's 'Ray of Light' for example), but anyway...

http://www.nkhstudio.com/pages/bassline_mp4.html

enjoy.

• Members

Yeah, some of those songs were blatently not a TB-303. Smack My Bitch Up, for example, was almost certainly a Korg Prophecy doing a 303-ish pattern. Ray Of Light could have been practically any synth ever made with a resonant filter and realtime cutoff control.

Nonetheless, it is a cool video. It seems like the kind of thing I could show my dad or one of my friends to make them understand what that overpriced little plastic box is all about.

• Members

Either way, an interesting documentary despite the lifeless narrator. More media/technology histories like this should be hitting the memepool. And yes, whomever made this documentary definately was too stupid to know the difference between sine and square, or just didn't care.

todd

• Members

Originally posted by accession

Personally, I enjoyed his 'Amen Break' doco more (also on the site).

nice! i'll have to check that one out. i picked up the original 'Color Him Father'/'Amen, Brother' 7" some years back, great stuff...

• Members

with regard to an inquiry, into the nature of the asthetic experience. Towards acquisition of knowledge perhaps even of essence bla bla bla bla bla....

uh yeah, ok pretentious douche bag. :rolleyes:

this fruit cake tries WAY to hard.

I wouldnt have minded it, if he knew what the hell he was talking about...

• Members

hehe, i guess that is the point of it but his tone didn't help matters. i was just thinking 'my god, you dork...' made good sense but i'm glad he didn't go on like that with his obtuse terminology through the whole thing.

Archived