Trade Feeler: Carvin HT2 Holdsworth

jbear555

• Members

I don't even know why I am doing this...maybe I'm just bored. Anyway...

I have this Holdsworth. I think it's a beautiful guitar, but I am not playing it. I can't say why, and if I don't trade it I am really going to make myself play it more...I just am.

I will put some pictures up, but basically it is a hardtail, with a transparent, antique brown, quilted maple top, Holdworth PUP's, Sperzel's, black hardware, push-pull splitter. ebony board, 24 frets, and the case. It's just flat-out nice. Super light, easy to play seated or standing. Not sure what else to add, but ask whatever you want.

So...if you've been thinking you might want one of these...here's one now.

I have been looking at Les Paul Std.'s but my ears are open. Let's talk. I play non-trad. blues, jazz and fusion stuff so no guitars that look like Halloween cookies please. Got a really cool tube amp? Maybe...but I hate shipping amps...you probably do to. That might be more realistic if you in the N. Atlanta GA area. Still...that's your call.

Okay...it's in the wind...let's see what happens!

• Members

Yeah...the pictures are lighter than the actual color...I don't know why that is. Actually...I think it's the white balance in the camera that was off. I'll try to get some flash or daylight grabs to give a more accurate representation. It's not "natural" for sure.

• Members

Well...here's a thought...
I also have a Tele. It's a Baja body with my favorite neck...50's Esquire. The PUP's are Barden Danny Gatton's (which go for just a hair under $300). Anyway...it's Desert Sand, has the S-1 switching, and has two things that keep it from perfect...an extra hole from the orig. string tree (there's a Callaham on it now), and a dime sized x 1mm deep ding on the back that was professionally filled and sanded (you can see it but you can't really feel it).
Another guitar that you can really feel when you strum a chord. Very "alive."
I'm just really "needing" an LP and have other Teles.
Anyway, I can package these two for the right offer...it'd have to be pretty "right" though.
So it goes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Eureka!

I have been playing this Holdsworth for a week...I'm keeping it. Jamming to some Tim Miller stuff and some AH (my humble attempts), and I've come to the conclusion that I don't have another guitar that sounds the way this one does and it just feels great.

So...I'll just have to buck up and get an LP some other way.

The Tele is still on the block...Allan is not.

If you're on the fence about getting one of these H2's...just do it!

Archived