1989 Fender USA Stratocaster '57 Reissue

rlm297

• Members
1989 Fender USA Stratocaster '57 Reissue
Natural relic, soft v-neck, great tone

eBay link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281036110350

Up for auction is my 1989 Fender USA Stratocaster '57 Reissue, Serial # V111520.*Fantastic player with tons of mojo and vibe. Hands down one of the best Strats I've ever owned, no contest, if not better than my custom '62 RI.*This actually looks like a '57 Strat and to the touch, feels and plays like a top shelf instrument -- the kind you'll find hanging high on the wall at Guitar Center.
Finish on this guitar is heavily worn and what Fender's Custom Shop calls a "Closet Classic." However, the wear is 100% natural -- it shows a lot of character and has actual finish checking all over the neck and body of this player's grade instrument. Nothing about this guitar is half-hearted. This guitar is big league. Looks and playing-wise, it comes across as the kind of guitar that a session guitarist would play.
The pickups have been upgraded to Seymour Duncans. It has a Little '59 in the neck, a Duckbucker in the middle and a JB Jr. in the bridge position. I originally purchased this planning to switch them out for Lace Sensor Golds, being unfamiliar with this set. However, after recording with this guitar, I was extremely surprised at how awesome these pickups sounded and how usable they were when laying down guitar tracks. I normally hang on the bridge pickup on my guitars, but my ears were able to find musical tones that fit the mix in all positions. If I had to rate the sound of this Stratocaster, I will stand behind saying tone-wise this is the best example of a rock tone I've ever found in a Fender guitar.
Most of the finish on the back of the V shaped neck has worn off leaving it with*a soft satin feel. Fretboard is smooth and comfortable. Action is set absolutely perfect for soloing. It plays effortlessly and will inspire you to write new riffs and songs, whenever you pick it up. That's the true measure of a great instrument.
It has a 3 ply pickguard, 5 position switch, stock Fender tremolo. I sometimes use white knobs and switch tip, sometimes black. You can see the difference in the pictures, both sets of knobs and tips are included. Comes with a molded hardshell Fender case. The frets were dressed and levelled recently by Rod Miller*of Cowtown Guitars in Las Vegas. He also adjusted the truss rod and set the intonation. It's good to go!

$(KGrHqJ,!ioFCntgHlJcBQsqQKHvyg~~60_57.J

$T2eC16V,!zoE9s5ne+31BQsqQL)I6g~~60_57.J

$(KGrHqF,!oUFB0VfBy50BQsqQOj7)w~~60_57.J

$T2eC16V,!y8E9s2fjtksBQsqQZUD,g~~60_57.J

$(KGrHqF,!i0FBzVdTmNWBQsqQ(qRfw~~60_57.J

$(KGrHqZ,!qgFCruy4EMHBQsqQZ5dnw~~60_57.J

$(KGrHqR,!joFCfIP)mmoBQsqQ,R0oQ~~60_57.J

$(KGrHqN,!gsFCYWGQ)hzBQsqQ,PCNQ~~60_57.J

$(KGrHqV,!o0FCyM2c!LcBQsqQWlhJw~~60_57.J

$T2eC16Z,!)8E9s4l8!8(BQsqQeEmoQ~~60_57.J

Archived