The Bravery

• Members

I know I'm a bit out of the music loop, but I just bought the new Bravery CD today and well, I actually like "synth rock" or whatever it is, you know the 80's synthpop revival with guitar thing the media talks about.

I didn't realize there was some verbal fisticuffs between them and The Killers. It's a shame, I like both bands, but you know they both probably won't be around for album #2...

So anyone know what synths are played on the album? Lots of supersaws and disco beats.

• Members

Originally posted by Spectre84

Yes...considering both are riding good record sales...as soon as they both stop touring like bastards they will write follow ups..

What I probably should have written was that they'll end up like the Strokes, and make a great first album, and the second won't sell as well regardless of the quality, because it's not the latest fad at the time.

But then again what do I know? I remember there were reviews of U2's "Boy" back in '80-81, that made the bold prediction that they wouldn't be around...

• Members
Originally posted by ProgressiveD

I'm pretty sure the Killers will be there for album #2.

Don't know about the bravery, for me they are leagues behind.

+1 completely - Hot Fuss is a great album (as skeptical as I was at first), and the Bravery to me need to do a lot more to get up to that level.

• Members

Originally posted by mchristi

Originally posted by ProgressiveD

I'm pretty sure the Killers will be there for album #2.

Don't know about the bravery, for me they are leagues behind.

+1 completely - Hot Fuss is a great album (as skeptical as I was at first), and the Bravery to me need to do a lot more to get up to that level.

What I appreciate about the killers is that to me, they carry themselves like veterans. The Bravery, as much as i like the debut, feels like a debut. I expect more from both, and it will be nice when it no longer is cool to like the. So i will sit in my room listening to them while the scenesters have moved elsewhere.

• Members

Originally posted by sevensinner

No, but I'll take whatever you're having.
:D

I just got done making 16-3 egg omelets. If you want, you can have one. They are very very filling.

3 eggs w/ 1/4 C heavy whipping cream

Chorizo grounded w/ minced serrano peppers, chopped red onions, chopped olives, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, chili powder

Smothered in melted Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese and sour creme.

I just started combining ricotta cheese with this and all I can say is it definitely adds to the texture and to my taste buds, the ricotta compliments the other flavors.

I also top the dish with chopped cilantro.

I am back on my low carb diet (30 carbs or less) and I eat 2-3 of these a day. I also eat other stuff of course.

After I eat all of these I will make a ton of my baked extra virgin olive oil (evoo) herb chicken breasts! So tender, juicy and extremely tasty!!!! My mouth is watering just thinking about those breasts! Since the fat content is much lower with my chicken breasts, I supplement fat via flax and or hemp oil.

Geeez, im in a typing mood tonight.

Maybe I could get my own show on the Food Network like Emril Live, but I would have a synth band :eek:

Archived