Ibanez RG-2027 or 7620VK, You decide!

Bammbamm

• Members

The titles says it all.

I am selling one of these beauties, but not both.

The RG7620-VK is the 1st guitar I ever bought brand new. Got it from a mom and pop shop in beautiful Joliet, IL. *Cringe* Anyway, I can pretty much account for every nuance of the guitar and can assure you it is a great player.

Mods include the following:

Switched to EVO 7s, wiring is as follows,

1: Bridge only Humbucker

2: Tapped neck and Bridge for that quack tone.

3: Neck pickup in full humbucker mode.

4: Neck tapped

5: Kill

Knobs are from an old anesthesia machine, one is O2,(Oxygen) the other is N2O (Nitrous Oxide) They are HEAVY Brass knobs.

The neck is fully scalloped, 1-24, and re-sealed, don't knock it until you try it, I am here to tell you, it truly allows you to dig into that low B string and bend the heck out of it.

Zakk Wylde wishes he had this depth to his bends.

No hardware pitting!!!!

RG2027vv

2nd owner, in great shape, 2 major mods done here. KJG Wiring mod which makes the pickup routing and Piezo blend function as it should.

PIckups are a Tone Zone 7 which REALLY belongs in this guitar, the harmonics pop out of her and you get some serious depth and clarity. the neck pup is an Air Norton 7, VERY well matched to the TZ and a great balance between the two.

Standard 5 way switching on the magnetic pups.

Mods:

I had a fully scalloped 7 string neck commissioned from Chris Woods. it is Ebony fretboard on a 5 pc Maple and Bubinga laminate with volute. I applied the prestige stickers after and then took the original neck and stored it away for safe keeping.

You buy the guitar, you get both necks, which is only fair, I think.

Pics are here.

https://picasaweb.google.com/103651405843060937453/7StringsForSale?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMGKtvG_tO2mKw&feat=directlink

Asking prices.

7620: 600+ shipping

2027: 1700 + shipping

Caveats, I will not sell the 2027 without its original neck, I don't want some Frankenstein prestige out there especially a 2027, they are less and less common and this one is in great shape.

I will sell without the scalloped neck on the 2027 for a reduced price. say $1470

Both guitars come with their original hardshell cases which are both in great shape.

PM me for any specific pics.

If one sells, i close the ad, and keep the other.

I will append if there are any omissions, but this is the meat and potatoes.

Cash offers are obviously considered, but I am far from desperate and I know I will kick myself when I let either one go, but I just don't play them.

Thanks,

Plenty of feedback on Jemsite under the same name, and the gear page as nunovanbamsteen, ebay as bammbamm2.

I will make sure the guitars are clean, waxed and oiled appropriately so you have a fresh feeling guitar when you open it.

Archived