EXTREMELY RARE '78 Mighty Mite / Schecter/Charvel

kickaxeguitars

• Members

Guys, what we have here is a 1978 Mighty Mite stratocaster. For those of you unfamiliar with early Mighty Mite, they were a California company that sold Fender replacement parts of extreme high quality. (Yes, the Same Mighty Mite that built George Lynch's yellow Bengal guitar)

They specialized in brass parts (bridges, strap buttons, pickguards, knobs etc)

and custom order bodies that were cut by Karl sandoval(Randy RHoads polka dot V builder) and Mike Lipe (The orignal "Guitar Doctor" and more recently Lipe guitars) and the necks were all cut by Phillip Kubiki (Kubiki bass company)

Mighty Mite sold the same brass parts found on early Charvel, Schecter and even limited edition Fenders.

This axe is built like a tank and plays like a dream. It has all brass hardware including a vintage Brass keyhole saddle tremolo, two Dimarzio's (X2N b, Super Distortion n) 21 frets, and a nice round, fat neck.

The action is STUPID LOW and lightning fast! This particular body is specifically routed for 2 humbuckers and has a killer cherryburst finsih with actual real life relicing from years of playing. FOlks, guitars that look like this say one thing-GREAT PLAYER!

I dare anyone to show me another Mighty Mite with a real Mighty Mite original logo in the headstock. I have a million pics of this rare jem so please ask. The body neck pocket is woodburned with the logo as well.

Please bear in mind that this is NOT the same crappy Mighty Mite crap you see on Ebay. That is a Korean company that bought the name in the mid nineties... The original Mighty Mite Company went out of business circa '81-'82..

I'm asking exactly what i have in her. $850.. You will not find a better playing strat by any manufacturer for this kind of money.

cdcarlo@comcast.net

mymightymiteontracyssite.jpg

100_1283.jpg

• 4 years later...
  • Members

Hello,  I know this is an old post but my name is Jeff and I work for the new Mighty Mite and we are trying to bring back the Mighty Mite of old and are going to start making stuff in the USA again :>) We would love to purchase this Mighty Mite guitar if you still have it or if not if you could point me in the right direction to find an old vintage guitar to buy, contact me at jeffk@mightymite.com  Thanks

Archived