FS/FT Vintage Samick LC650 Artist Series Editon Les Paul Custom

Lonnie99

• Members

Want a Les Paul Custom? Do you have $3000 lying around? If so you're golden, if not, I've got your guitar. $400 for a Samick? Is this guy on crack? If you're looking at this guitar you probably already know what it is, but if not do a little Google research and you'll find out. The LC650 was the top of the line for Samick Les Pauls. All mahogany body and neck, gold Gotoh Japan tuners, top quality bridge and tailpiece. Wax potted humbuckers. Genuine MOP inlay on the headstock, not printing. Samick builds guitars for just about everyone and has for many many years. They stopped building them under their own name in the 90s, and this model was produced from the mid 80s to the mid 90s. Unfortunately Samick serial numbers aren't sequential so there's no way for sure to tell the age, but I'm guessing 80s since it's seen some play. I tore this guitar down yesterday and cleaned it from top to bottom, polished the frets and lemon oiled the fretboard. Brand new Ernie Ball 9-42 strings. There is some pitting of the gold hardware but not bad for it's age. This guitar sounds as good as it looks, it has aged very gracefully. The 5 ply binding is in excellent condition. May be interested in a trade for the right Strat or Tele, never hurts to try. The pots are a bit scratchy but I'm going to hit them with some compressed air. Needing $400 shipped. I wiped it off right before taking the pics but damned if some more dust didn't get on it.

http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z30/Guitarlon/Samick%20Artist%20Series/

DSC04884.jpg

DSC04885.jpg

DSC04886.jpg

DSC04889.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Members

KEEP THAT GUITAR!!!!! I have the exact one. It has stood up to many shows and that lemon-oil and some new strings on the fretboard is about all I need to keep her happy. What is the serial # on the back of the head stock? The artist series editions are when Samick went 10 million $ broke in mid 90's and used all their premium woods and electronics up. That guitar is a gem. It was made before the epiphone, washburn, fender, Gibson and many other stringed instruments used Samick to make their lower models. Now they do not make guitars I believe. How much money or trade do you REALLY want? Great guitars simply do not correspond with value and I would need to feel it out before buying. Any good guitar is like a woman. Let her go, or she let's you go. Enjoy you're guitar!

• 3 years later...

Archived