Fender 62 RI Hot Rod strat neck- Corona hook up

zosoKing5

• Members

I'm moving soon- unfortunately guitars aren't very move friendly and I don't want to move projects cross country. I will regret this, but here it goes.

Living this close to the Corona fender custom shop has its benefits- this is my biggest score from there. I'll be moving soon so I need to clean house.

This neck came from the best of the American made strats, one step below the custom shop models. This neck is brand new, built Sept. 28th, 2009. Comes with the stock tuners- I took them off for storage but have reinstalled them.

This neck is special though: it came to me directly from the Corona Fender Shop late 2009- . This neck was custom finished for a client who cancelled his order- and I bought it in his stead. The back of the neck is finished like the Rory Strat only a much much lighter finish- the rest of the neck looks brand new. I never had the chance to use it in a build. I will be moving out of state in a few months and it's time to get rid of some stuff.

About the neck- it feels very comfortable in my hand and is laser straight. The frets and fretboard are completely new with no wear. Unlike most factory nitro finished Hot rod 62 strats, this neck feels fast and there is no stickiness at all. It feels very similar to the neck on the Masterbuilt SRV or Rory strat. Wildwest guitars is 20 minutes from my house- they only carry masterbuilt and customshop strats, and this neck feels better than most necks on the strats in there, I promise you that.

If you want to build a strat that will be a monster player and have some mystique and history- this is a great place to start. This is one you won't want to part with.

I know what this neck is worth- they go for 800-900 new on ebay all the time, a vendor called 'the stratosphere' sold quite a few of them last year. I know this is a very good deal so I am firm on the price, and no trades.

Specs:

Neck Shape: Thick "C" Shape

Number of Frets: 21

Fret Size: Medium Jumbo

Position Inlays: White Dot

Fretboard Radius: 9.5" (24.1 cm)

Fretboard: Rosewood

Neck Material: Maple

Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer Front, Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer Back

Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)

Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)

Truss Rod Nut: Original Vintage Style

pictures!

DSC00036.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

NO LONGER FOR SALE

• 1 year later...

Archived