Lucida 755 - lots of upgrages - new price

fitness1

• Members

I had this on hold for someone for a couple of weeks and it appears that it's not going to work out, so it's available again.....

This model is all solid woods.....Cedar top (with an amazing amount of silking)and what appears to be Sapele back and sides. Ebony fingerboard, rosewood bridge, tasteful mosaic rosette (no wild colors!) and rosewood binding.

I went through about 10 or 12 classicals before I stopped with this one.....two other Lucida 777's, several Larrivee C-30's, and a Loriente Clarita and Marieta (one retails for 1500 and the other 2895). This one was better than all of them by quite a bit. I think it's something to do with the Mahogany/cedar combination that creates that nice "snap" for the lack of better terms.

Condition is Excellent plus....only VERY minor swirls here and there....there are some marks that are "factory" marks....done in production, again, very insignificant. Here are a list of the upgrages....

-Baggs classical active I-beam
-new bone nut (the original was really bad)
-bone saddle with compensated B and E strings (original was too low)
-frets dressed and leveled a couple of months ago (again, the factory job left
a LOT to br desired)
-Pearse slimline junior ebony armrest
-Gotoh tuners (55.00 at Elderly's - much better quality than the originals
which will be included)
-the original flattop. flimsy case was replaced with a canadian TKL style from my Webber
that is in great shape. Archtop, 3 latches, grey colored interior also in
great shape...a little large on the sides, but this instrument isn't standard classical size, it's
slightly larger in length which sends it into the 000 12 fret range I think....the case with it is an OM

That's well over 400.00 worth of recent upgrades on this one...so you can see why I'm a little hesitant...I'll be losing a substantial amount.

I have this in open C all the time, so it's kind of overkill when I can tune the Webber down when the mood strikes, the mahogany Webber is stellar in dropped tunings....

Firm price is 775 plus actual shipping to the lower 48 only - add 20 for paypal and I'll eat the rest. You can buy a new one for a little less than this without any upgrages (if you can find one, that is) , but you will certainly have to do a lot of setup and fret work to get it
to where this one is....

***PRICE DROP TO 700.00 including shipping and I'll throw in 4 sets of Daddario Pro Arte hard tension (EJ46's) I just threw a fresh set on....paypal fees will be split with buyer if you want to use that method of payment.

email at fitstop@charter.net

Here's a soundclip....not the best, but it give you an idea of the tonal picture.....

http://www.box.net/public/rvymbihyn7

luc1ud1.jpg

luc10ab4.jpg

luc3wm8.jpg

luc5gz2.jpg

luc4uw0.jpg

luc13ep7.jpg

luc14kk7.jpg

• Members

I've dropped the price on the ebay action a bit, so my final, lowest price I'll take for this is 700 shipped.....paypal fees to be split with buyer. If I can't get that much, I'll certainly keep it. It's way too nice of a guitar to just give away.

Archived