Martin 000C-16RGTE W/Hardshell Case & Fishman Pickup $1200 - Orig $1700 - OBO!!!

saurontr

• Members

I just bought this guitar 4 years ago and I'm looking to upgrade my gear (bring on the electric guitars and amps). This guitar plays easy (I've had it profesionaly adjusted), looks new (I clean it often) and sounds great both acoustically and plugged in through an acoustic amp or PA. I'll send pics if your interested. See some stats below:

* Auditorium-size 000 body for comfort with a big sound
* Premium-quality tonewoods used throughout
* Fishman Prefix Stereo Blender pre-amp delivers amazingly realistic reproduction
* 3-band EQ and Contour Control plus feedback-fighting Phase Switch
* Includes original Martin Hardshell case

The Martin 000C-16RGTE combines the classic tone and feel of the "000" body style with the superior pickup performance of the Fishman Prefix Stereo Blender system to create an acoustic/electric guitar that can't be beat. The smaller-bodied 000 is the auditorium-sized version of the popular D1. The comfortable 000 body size is combined with a 25.4" scale to create a surprisingly balanced and expressive instrument, ideal for blues and fingerstyle technique.

Martin guitars are legendary for their quality tonewoods, and the 000C-16RGTA is no exception. Its solid Sitka spruce top is mated to solid East Indian rosewood sides and back for a warm, balanced tone that still sings out in the upper register. A solid Spanish cedar neck is attached with Martin's famous mortise -and-tenon joint to preserve tonal integrity, and is topped with a solid Micarta fingerboard.

Fishman's Prefix Stereo Blender was flagship in their line of "flip-top" onboard guitar pre-amps about 5 years ago. The company refined and upgraded their popular Prefix Onboard Blender, with improved features to capture and enhance the instrument's acoustic voice. The key improvement to this unit from previous years is the addition of a mono/stereo switch, which allows the player to choose between a single blended signal or splitting the onboard microphone and under-saddle signal. Shelving bass and treble, plus a semi-parametric "Contour" EQ is included to shape the guitar's tone. To complete the package, a phase switch and a redesigned notch filter (with more transparency) are included for fighting feedback. Everything about the 000C-16RGTE tells you it's a Martin! From the polished gloss top finish to the white fingerboard binding, Martin's quality construction shows through. The 000C-16RGTE is a pleasure to look at as well as to play.

Archived