A Nice Pair of Nylons.......

gary0319

• Members

For Sale by original owner (last of the pair)

Sold!! Thanks Joe, That's all folks.........

La Patrie Concert Classical that I purchased new in about 2000. This is a Canadian made solid cedar top/ mahogany back and sides, cream binding, mahogany neck, gold tuners. This is one of the few classical guitars that has a truss rod in the neck. La Patrie is a Godin company and touts that all its guitars are hand made in a small factory in La Patrie, Canada. They also claim to use only deadfall timber from 800 year old cedar trees.

This guitar is in good, to very good condition with less than normal wear. There is one ding in the top from a dropped case lid that is not into the wood, and a very small thread like scratch just below the bridge. The back and sides are virtually blemish free.

This is the first classical guitar I ever bought and served me well as an entry into the world of nylon string instruments. I would recommend it highly as a beginning guitar or for someone just looking to get a good solid transition from a steel string acoustic. It is a full size classical (00 size) that fits nicely in your lap. I have been asked about the neck width. The nut is 2 1/32 and the string spacing at the nut is 1 11/32. To my touch, the neck has a slimmer feel than my other "standard" neck classical guitars

Included is the original Canadian made hard case. $265 shipped to the lower 48. Alaska and Hawaii extra. Paypal preferred.

All inquiries responded to promptly.

• Members

What is the width of neck at the nut of these 2?

The nut width of the La Patrie is 2 1/32. The string spacing at the nut is 1 11/32 on center. The neck in general has a slimmer feel than my other "standard" classical guitars.

Hope this helps

Archived