Mcilroy Acoustic Guitar A55 Cedar/Cocobolo

Juan Valdez

• Members

Hey Jaun Valdez, I had the same problem with my Mcilroy A30, I have a question for you with the AS body fixing your size problem, can the AS kick it out like the big body size guitar?, cause that's what I was going to do is to go down to the AS size but was afraid it was for fingerstyle playing? and I"am just a strummer and flatpicker, So do you think that this AS can cut it as a guitar for just the way I play? any feedback on this would be great!!!!!! Love those Mcilroy's Thanks

• Members

Hi Mark,

Are you talking about the shoulder problem or...

As for the AS: Oh, boy! I love it. I too mostly strum and do a bit of travis picking. To say that I am very pleased with the AS25 (cedar/walnut) is an understatement. The volume is amazing and doesn't give up very much to the bigger A55. It is surprisingly similar despite the different lumber used for the backs and sides. We did some blind A B tests and not a one of us could consistently identify one or the other accurately. That says more than anything. During the same get together, we pulled out a Martin dred and a Stika dred. Though we could tell which of these two were being played, when compared with the AS and the A we could only guess that they were the Mcilroys... but not which one. The Mc tone is rich and distinctive but from one Mc to the next... hard to tell the difference. Exactly what I was hoping for when I got the AS. Jeff

Archived