FT/FS? Ovation Legend 1756 12 string

Trés Mellow

• Members

NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR SALE OR TRADE

This is a unique Ovation 12 string. This is esentially a new guitar, with a great 20yr old neck and tuners. I originally purchased it new in 1990 (it's a 1989 model). A few years ago it developed a couple finish cracks, but still played beautifully. I sent it to Ovation in CT and, because of the lifetime warranty, they replaced the entire top and bowl, bridge included, releveled the frets, and set the guitar up beautifully. It has the newer style scalloped X-bracing, a thinner, more resonant top, and a thin finish instead of the original thick one. This plays like a dream and sounds fantastic. The action is very low and barre chords are strain-free right up to the body. It comes with a non-original hardshell case.

I just don't play acoustic 12 much, and I'd like to trade for a acoustic six string that plays and sounds this good. I also would consider a Tele thinline (Classic '72 or '69 preferably) or a Tele Plus. Low wattage tube amps are also welcome.

Trade value is $950. If I sell it outright, the price is now $750 including shipping to con US.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived