db: OT ADAM Question

robmix

• Members

Hey Dave, I was going to email you this question but I thought others would benefit from the answer as well. What speaker stands are you using with your S3a's ? Is there any stand that ADAM recommends ?

Thanks

Rob

• Members

Originally posted by robmix

Hey Dave, I was going to email you this question but I thought others would benefit from the answer as well. What speaker stands are you using with your S3a's ?

Mine sit on a stand that was made for my mixer - it has speaker mounts attached to it.

Is there any stand that ADAM recommends ?

Not really...

We use ASC tube traps at trade shows, and they're pretty great. I've also heard nothing but positive things about the Sound Anchor stuff.

Hope that helps!

dB

ADAM Audio USA

• Members

Originally posted by robmix

Hey Dave, I was going to email you this question but I thought others would benefit from the answer as well. What speaker stands are you using with your S3a's ? Is there any stand that ADAM recommends ?

Thanks

Rob

You've tried them in person, like at AH, right?

Oh man. Too bad the sub would destroy your foundation. ;):D

• Members

Originally posted by urbanscallywag

You've tried them in person, like at AH, right?

Oh man. Too bad the sub would destroy your foundation.
;):D

Huh ? I've had my ADAM's for about 1.5 years. Tried the sub but didn't really like it.

• Members

Originally posted by Bad Dog Max

I have mine on the Classic stand by Argosy, only $149 shipped in USA:

http://www.argosyconsole.com/spire.htm

They seem pretty stable, although the speaker is bigger than the stand platform by a bit on either side (when S3's are laying down).

They've been thru a 5.0 earthquake without falling over...

:)

Those are cool but not much different than the Raxxess stands I've got currently. I was just trying to find out if something like the ASC or Sound Anchor stands would make a huge difference. Anyone done a direct comparison ?

Archived