WTS/T Breedlove American Made Pro D25/SRh

Infi-del

• Members

Breedlove Pro Series DR25/SRh. Lovely guitar. Cutaway dread. Has AAA grade sitka spruce top and rose wood back and sides. Also has a JJB pickup installed instead of the LR Baggs. The JJB gas a wonderful clear tone in this instrument. Very natural sounding. I tried a K&K (which I normally love) but it was a little muddy despite the multiple positionings. The current pickup sounds awesome. This is not a Korean made Breedlove. The last of the Pro Series were made in America in the Breedlove custom shop. Because of the expense they dropped the tone wood grade to AA and it became the American Series. So this is a American built AAA grade wooded Breedlove. Something that usually costs a lot of cash. This one says made in America with Breedlove Staff Signatures including Kim Breedlove. Has a few dings and marks but I'd call it overall a 9.5 out of 10 easily. I'll highlight the flaws in my pics. Comes with Breedlove Hardcase. This guitar in quality, build, and materials stands with any Taylor 810 or Martin D-35. I know because I own both of those guitars as well and this one plays and sounds just as nice. It has the herringbone trim and abalone rosette. It has a nice clear high end without being too bright with warm powerful lows. It's a cannon. And it plays really smooth. I've often acknowledged that Taylors are some of the easiest playing guitars I've ever handled. This guitar is every bit as easy playing as a Taylor. The tone woods on this instrument give it a rich tone. It really is more guitar than you should be able to buy at this price. I'm hesitant to sell it... but I simply don't really play it much since I bought a custom made acoustic. I can't imagine you could find another guitar with such nice woods, tone, and playability without spending well over $2K. I have had the tuning machines upgraded. Originally it had entry level chrome Gotohs. I have since had them replaced by my luthier with gold Schallers with Real Ebony Wood buttons. I also had my lutheir fit and install colosi bone nut and saddle. So there's a good little chunk of value in this sweet playing insturment. My Luthier is Richard Young of Greenville SC... a very talented man with decades of experience so no worries on the workmanship. He recently gave it a setup and 100% clean bill of health about a month ago. So she's ready to roll.

To sell it I want $1,100.00 plus shipping and any fees. Trade Value is $1,300.00. As far as trades... I'd like an American Fender Stratocaster. I require a maple fretboard. I don't have a problem with Standards but you gotta include something else to even out the trade value like cash or perhaps another lesser expensive guitar or something. Like an American Standard Plus a MIM Strat would be cool. Would consider a Jaguar or Jazzmaster as well. primarily I'm looking for something like a Deluxe or Signature model maybe. Or I might entertain another acoustic with Mahogany back as I just have too many Rosewood/Spruce combos. Cutaways are nice but not required. I will entertain all offers though. I like Amps and Pedals too.

Here it is pictured with my custom. The one for sale is on the left.

401794760.jpg

The top with flash to show how clean the lines are

402656984.jpg

One in natural sunlight to show the depth of the spruce's grain.

402656975.jpg

Beautiful rosewood on the back and sides (it has a very dark finish)

402656982.jpg

The lovely Schallers. (you can see the Expert job my luthier did of doweling the old tuner screw holes)

402656978.jpg

More rosewood (this is the soft cutaway)

402656989.jpg

Little bit of wear on the right side of the sound hole

402656993.jpg

Plush Colosi bone nut

402656997.jpg

Small blemish on the top that can only be seen in the right light

399764935.jpg

Here you see the above blemish vanish from a different aspect

402657002.jpg

More pics to come.

• Members

Colosi bone saddle

402656987.jpg

front shot of the lovely head stock with either pearl or abalone logo

402656976.jpg

Light circular scuff on the bottom (could probably be buffed out)

402687909.jpg

A shot of how rich the grain is in the rosewood from inside (notice the nice side wall bracing)

402657005.jpg

Made in USA

401105127.jpg

The pickguard looks like flames. Really nice eye candy.

401794768.jpg

Had a request for a neck pic

402663136.jpg

this is a small check in the finish on the back. Looks like two little white dots. An amalgamation of the clear coat would remove these and then could easily be drop filed. It's not a big issue but I wanted to illustrate everything. I thought they were dust spots at first they're so little.

402663130.jpg

Archived