Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp w/ Footswitch

lewzer

• Members

I thought I wanted to sell it, then I didn't, now I do again. I really want another telecaser and the Quad doesn't get used very much.

The preamp sounds fantastic. Lots of tones in this thing as alot of you may already know. I've owned it for around a year and have taken care of it. It has some scratches on the casing on the top and possibly the sides from previous owners but nothing major at all. The amp itself works great.

Like I said, I'm really on the hunt for another telecaster since my tastes are changing. My Mark III gets used alot more and its versitile enough for me. However the Quad is VERY versitile, I just never got around to getting a rack set up.

I'm still asking $585, but that price is negotiable OR I'd love to entertain any trades you guys may have in mind. My preferences are with Strats and Teles though, preferably the Muddy Waters Telecaster. I'd also entertain the idea of giving the Quad + cash for a higher end model. So show me what you got!

Here's the only pic i have at the moment. It's from the ebay auction when I bought it:

boogiequad.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Sorry guys, the amp is now SOLD. Thanks anyways.

To answer the above question, the distortion channels are definately Mark inspired, as I can get it close to the Mark III tone that I'm keeping..However, the cleans and reverb on that thing are absolutely amazing. Where it beats the Mark III is the amount of footswitchable tones. Personally, though, I had plenty of amp in the Mark III so I didn't need the Quad. The III can still manage some great cleans, and I prefer the simplicity. I would still highly recommend it to anyone though.

Archived