Budda Super Drive for sale

lemmingsunday

• Members

Hello,

I wish to part ways with one of my favorite amps - my Budda Superdrive 30 Combo. This amp sounds bleeping wonderful if you enjoy the sound of a really rich Matchless/Vox/Marshall sound.

A little history. I have had the amp for maybe four years now, and have used it only as a studio amp. It went to a few band rehersals, but was never gigged. The only problem I every had with it was that the input jack had to be replaced once.

When I received the amp it sounded darn nice, but then I put in three NOS preamp tubes: a Mullard, and two JANS if I recall correctly that Lord Valve recommended and the amp became so much better sounding. But what threw the amp into a whole new realm of "AWE" was when I purchased a new balanced NOS quad of EL84s from Blue Strat and it was af it I have removed a Buffalo hide frome the speakers.

It rather blew me away that it took me an additional $300.00 in ancient tubes to make a rather expensive boutique amp sound like what one would hope a rather expensive boutique amp should sound like.

The amp's speakers are still the same, which is two 8 ohm 12 inch Celestions. They sound rather nice, but if you really want to hear the beauty of an amp get an Ear Candy cab. Wow!

The amp is point to point wired, if that makes any difference to you. The work inside is really clean.

I have the footswitch for the two channels. The amp cosmetically looks great. Oh, yeah, the power cord is present, and I can give you the original tubes if you want. You might enjoy hearing what tubes can do if you have never rolled tubes before.

The reason I am parting with the amp is because I am using a tiny Prictchard Amp that has totally changed my understanding of what a tube amp is. I'd rather sell the amp and work on my modular Moog system, then collect unused gear.

If you want to check my feedback rating on Ebay you can, my user name is Lemmingsunday, as it is here. I am just trying out Harmony Central for a change.

My asking price is $1,200.00, with the buyer covering the cost.

Take Care,

J

• 2 weeks later...

Archived