Crate 4x12 Celestion Loaded Cab - $150

geekrobot

• Members

Hello,

Up for sale:

One Crate 4x12 Guitar Speaker cabinet, loaded with Celestion Silvers (they sound like Greenbacks).

The cab is in pretty good shape, save for one of the side handles being broken, but this can be replaced with relative ease.

8 OHM, straight cab.

I'm in NJ (07067), about an hour from Philly or 40 minutes from New York City. Gimme a holler if you're interested!

• Members

What are the dimensions? I have an Ampeg Slant cab that I want to put on top of it and want to make it look like a full matching stack. Thanks! I live in VA and may be willing to drive up if it's in good shape and the right size. What Ohms are the speakers/cabinet.

• Members

I actually have that same cabinet. They didn't make a whole lot so its cool finding people who also have one.

It's a pretty solid cab, and for the price I doubt you could find anything even close to as good.

I've never heard Greenbacks before, are you sure that is how the speakers sound? I'd like to know for comparison in the future.

• Members

Thanks for the support, I also like the sound of this cab--I'm just letting it go for so cheap mainly 'cuz now I have the exact amp i've wanted (trem-o-verb combo) and have no need for a cab at the moment. In fact, i intend to use the cash to find / fund the right guitar to accompany my new mesa.

IMHO, the speakers do sound similar to Greenbacks, though Greenbacks are higher end, more vintage-y. The Celestion Silvers have a similar brightness to them though. I used this cab with a Rivera Knucklehead for about four years and it rocked. How do they sound to your ears? It is kinda a rare cab--i think Crate only made the Celestion-loaded GXT-412R (this cab) for a short time, as most of the cabs from this one's era seem to be loaded with Crate speakers.

This one's got a celestion badge and everything on the cab.

• Members

Heres one of the only pieces of info available on the speakers

http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/1997/Silver-Series.html

From the description thats what I kinda thought too. Sort of a clean more neutral sounding speaker. I don't have a lot of comparison, but it sounds very different from my V30's. It does not have the big midrange spike of the V30s. The bass response on both speakers is nice and tight though which I like.

Archived