SPAM: Someone buy my Laney GH50L!!

doomsdaymachine

• Members

Originally posted by inkwachemis

wouldnt the JSX be too loud as well? or is that amp better at low volumes?

Better at lower volumes, and more bottom at lower volumes.

The Laney is an AWESOME amp. It needs pushed to get the muscle out of it. I use an EQ, and sonic stomp which work real well, but suck the tone from it! Someone who could crank it all the time would really appreciate what it can do. It smokes the DSL's I've owned, and quite frankly, I think it out-does the Soldano Hot Rod I had.

The JSX gets more gain from preamp distortion, and can be controlled via Master/Channel volume. It's "beefier" at low volumes. The Laney gets it's beef from power amp distortion which needs more volume that an apartment can handle. I'll tell you what, when you wind it up, it {censored}s on alot of amps twice it's price. If I don't sell it, oh well. I'll keep it.

• Members

Originally posted by doomsdaymachine

Better at lower volumes, and more bottom at lower volumes.

The Laney is an AWESOME amp. It needs pushed to get the muscle out of it. I use an EQ, and sonic stomp which work real well, but suck the tone from it! Someone who could crank it all the time would really appreciate what it can do. It smokes the DSL's I've owned, and quite frankly, I think it out-does the Soldano Hot Rod I had.

The JSX gets more gain from preamp distortion, and can be controlled via Master/Channel volume. It's "beefier" at low volumes. The Laney gets it's beef from power amp distortion which needs more volume that an apartment can handle. I'll tell you what, when you wind it up, it {censored}s on alot of amps twice it's price. If I don't sell it, oh well. I'll keep it.

yea its a great amp, i gots one. it actually is decent at home use, but i rarely plug it in at my apt. i have an SS amp for that. with the band, i crank the master up to about 7, and its GREAT!

• Members

Originally posted by thesinner66

TRAITOR!!!

Honestly, just save up the money to get the JSX (which btw, I wasn't too impressed with.) Just keep that GH50 around. I have a Mesa Single Rectifier that I play most of the time, but that Laney Head still kills...I know I's miss it too much if it weren't around.

I hear ya.

Archived