KT66 and 6L6 tubes

fealach

• Members

Several new matched pairs of KT66 and 6L6 tubes. Bought new, only taken out of the packages to photograph. Descriptions and prices below.

NEW Groove Tubes KT66-HP tubes, matched pairs. Selling for $55.99 a pair at Musicians Friend and elsewhere in the links in the review page below. GT-KT66-HP Duet New and exclusive GT design. An exact copy of legendary Gold Lion "valve" from the Eric Clapton "Blues Breaker" Marshall combo. Big fat bottom, crisp highs, very warm and a springboard response that make playing fun again! Highly recommended for Fender type amps. Check the reviews at Harmony Central from people who paid up to $79 a pair, and use them in guitar amps and high end home audio equipment:

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/Groove+Tubes/GT-KT66HP/10/1

These are the superior Russian tubes, NOT the Chinese tube currently on the Groove Tubes site (which they sell at $35 each!). If you look at Groovetubes.com you will see the only KT66 listed is the KT66-C... which they describe as "not quite as nice as the KT66HP!"

Still in the original packaging, all but 1 pair have the specification sheet, 1 plastic tube package is missing one endcap. According to the sheet, these tubes can be used in all 5881 or 6L6 type amplifiers for superior fidelity and improved power output performance, and are especially nice in Fender type amps and early Marshall JTM 45s. These were bought new from Guitar Center, some of the packages still have the $90 selling price on them. I have not used them, they were bought for an amp that was in transit at the time and arrived broken.

4 Pair available, $25 a pair, or $80 for all 6 of them.

1 matched pair GT KT66, $20 I have no additional information about these. They are not labelled with any suffix. New in original packaging.

1 matched pair GT 6L6GE: Also new in original package; $30

A faithful reproduction of the original General Electric "clear top" tube made on the original GE machines and with many original materials.

GT reissue which have a majority of USA components made on the original General Electric machines, the original tools, dies, materials and processing formulas as acquired from the liquidation for the last American tube factory in Owensboro Kentucky. Stunning clarity, and tone that is reminiscent of Carl Perkins through Jimi Hendrix... both of which mostly recorded through Fender amps in a period when they only use this tube. The most expensive (because of the the high US content)

Currently selling for $72 at elderly instruments.com.

$120 for all of them, plus shipping if you choose to have them shipped. So far I have gotten shipping estimates for $8.00 shipping to Boston, $14.00 to West Coast, and $7.00 to TX for one pair only, but these are just estimates, I'd need your ZIP.

Located in NE CT, convenient to 395. I can drive somewhat to meet if someone is buying or trading for all of them, but for small quantities of such a light item shipping is probably cheapest for both of us, buyer to pay shipping. I have 100% Ebay feedback, over 120, and have shipped tubes before - including $500 GEC tubes - with no issues.

iUCjWKjT2LKAFjmnb0K9fvHcjucN.jpg

Archived