VOX Vintage 60s w/Celestion Silver 12's

popthree

• Members

http://mkennedy5.photosite.com/Album16/

this was an estate find. when powered up it worked (freaking loud beast) for about 15-30 minutes and then apparently blew a cap. now getting 60 cycle hum. cab and head are cosmetically good, structurally good. trolley is in good shape, but needs to be cleaned...has some rust and minor pitting, but rolls good and is structurally sound.

speakers are absolutely AWESOME. Celestion Silver VOX ..basically a silver bulldog 8 ohm 25 watts i believe. Straight outta the 60s. these are speakers from the tone gods. I played my champ through this cab and it was absolutely incredible. individually, these speakers would be an excellent upgrade to any deluxe reverb or other 12" 8ohm box.

i'm taking offers on the whole rig, or individual parts.

• Members

please know this unloaded cab is very very heavy. i can only give you a ballpark estimate at present, as i don't have it boxed. i'll have to remove speakers, etc... before i can box. i've been waiting to see how the offers will shake down. actually expected someone to jump on the speakers really quick. they are very hard to find.

i just did a rough quote from fedex ground for 100 lbs, which is approximate, with the following dimensions..which again are approximate because i don't have a box as yet 45x16x42 (actual cab size is 41x12x37)

and they came back with $112.86 from my zip 74107 to yours 42701.

that should be close, but i'm not ready to take payment for it as yet. i have to get a box and get an exact quote.

• 1 month later...

Archived