Mesa Dual Rectifier (Voodoo Modded)

fragglerick

• Members

is there really that big of a difference once the mod was done? at one time i was thinking about getting mine done. but im really not into the mesa sound anymore(except for the Stelettos). so it would be a waste of money for me to pay for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

He said '98 so, probably not a pre-500 but I bet it sounds just as good or better.

no the revision is completely different, there is no way that modded amp can sound better than pre500 2 channel dual recto, the ot's are different the circuit is different and i don't know anyone with a accurate schematic of the 2 channel, the earliest i have seen is a rev F, i have never seen an c or d schematic

FWIW the pre500 bring the sweetness no mod or anythign else can come close to maybe thats why i am so partial to mine

• Members

the '98 I used to have was Rev G if I recall right. it was made 12/98 and sn was in the late 11000's. after the voodoo mod it was pretty sweet, I really love(d) the tone of that recto, but of course it didn't sound as a pre500. I just liked it a lil' bit more than the pre500 I played. but I played them through different setups, so... I don't know.

Archived