OT: anybody recommend a mid-range DJ mixer?

program_insect

• Members

Hey,

After unsuccessfully trying to repair my current DJ mixer, I'm now in the market for a new one. Requirements: 2 phono channels, scratch-style (QUALITY, smooth, sharp) crossfader, good 3-band EQ, solid preamp and sound quality, no fancy features that I won't use (don't need mic, more than 2 channels, onboard FX, FX sends, etc.). Almost forgot, having pre/post master cue monitoring is very important...

I'm out of the loop as far as recent mixer models...can anybody recommend one? Preferably well under $500....

• Members

Sounds like you need a Vestax PMC06PRO. Stripped down, high quality 2 channel scratch mixer for ~$300US. If you're into scratching, Vestax is your brand. The Pioneer DJM300 is also a nice little mixer for under $400US. I've used the hell out of one of it's big brothers, the DJM500 for 8 years and had absolutely no problems with it. Super smooth crossfader. You can have my 500 when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

• Members

the 06 is nearly what I need, but I don't like the 2 band eq, also it doesn't have the ability to route master mix to headphones (my buddy had one, it's great for scratching but I need more solid beatmixing features).

the xone2 looks awesome, but it's gonna be tough to justify spending that cash on a mixer when there are synths to buy (REAL toys ;)

I wonder if I'd have any luck with a secondhand Rane ttm52 or 54....?

Archived