F/S Jcm 800 1987 50w head- dual vertical input master vol. mod.

scottdcoi

• Members

So I sold this to a friend a few months ago. He never payed me. So I took the amp back. Bummer for both of us. Oh well, its back on the market for you!

50 watts of beautiful vintage marshall roar.

Theres one on the LA craigslist for 1400. I dont have pictures right now, I'll have some up by next week. This is the baby brother of the 1959, but boy she screams. This is not a plexi, or a reissue. The real deal, made in 1983. It has a master volume mod, and that is it... VERY EASILY REVERSABLE!!! The back pannel is worn, and the MKII on the back is very hard to read. All the features work on this amp. I just dont have enough good things to say about it. Its seen better days cosmetically, but it is NOT beat up like some of the vintage pieces you see.

These are very rare. You almost never see 1959s for sale, and 1987s are even harder to come by ... and this is not a reissue. HC doesnt have any reviews for jcm 800 1987s, but I can assure you, this is what you want ;)

OH, and i'm asking 1000 FIRM for it. Expect more if you need it shipped and if you're using paypal. Lets say 1075 shipped. FIRM FIRM FIRM!!!! trades considered- in the vein of mesa triple rec, gibsons (lp standard, es guitars, etc?), please pm me.

• Members

The pics!!! Open up the link and you can see all of the pictures. The headshell is very clean. The chassis is VERY clean as well. The only flaw is that someone took steel wool or something to the back of the chassis. You can see from the pic.

It has the original DRAKE transfromer which are supposedly very popular. This amp is just awesome. I cant say enough good things about it.

P3211036.jpg

P3211041.jpg

P3211042.jpg

P3211021.jpg
As you can see, the master volume mod would be VERY easily removed.

Links to all pics
http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b140/Skattruggles/jcm%20800%201987/

• Members

However, this modded one didnt meet its reserve and got to 610, so who knows http://cgi.ebay.com/Marshall-JCM800-1987-50W-Head-Built-83-w-Killer-Mod_W0QQitemZ270219699391QQihZ017QQcategoryZ38075QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem.

I had local buyers lined up last year at 1000, so im going to hold out for what i know i'll eventually get for it.

edit: I'm assumming the one that was on the la craigslist sold because the guy didnt repost it. He was asking 1400 for his.

Archived