Boogie Mark IIC Mod To IIC+ Loaded with Case

Chickentown

• Members

Great resources for anyone considering this amp:

http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/MarkIIC.html

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?p=133081&sid=7ef667382946939dda905621ced71307

As someone on the amps forum pointed out, Mike B (the builder) explains clearly that the modded IIC+ is exactly the same as the production IIC+.

Go here for tons of sound samples:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewforum.php?f=15

This amp nails the scooped mids, Master of Puppets thing...well it pretty much *is* the Master of Puppets amp if I'm not mistaken. Apparently, this is also the rig used by John P of Dream Theater. The clean channel is spectacular as well. This rig goes from vibey vintageness to bone-crushing.

• Members

I'm removing the Bivalve trade + cash idea.

Also realized the photo was too damn big and forced the text several inches off my monitor. Sorry about that - fixed.

Economic Stimulus rebates would really be best applied to guitar gear, don't you think? :thu:

• Members

What questions do you have for me?

I can provide references, my phone number, and if you live in the area I can meet with you for a test-drive.

There's a reason for the IIC+ and "California" presets on so many pieces of gear. This is one of those holy grail amps.

...and this one is sooo purdy

• Members

an original C+, beat up, no wood + wicker, no shipping, no road case, no slip cover, no foot switch:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230243678765

Non-original tolex and ext. cab, modded IIC+ like mine. Maybe ebay just brings out the crazy in people, but after shipping mine's like $700 less than this one...with the cool wood + wicker.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MESA-BOOGIE-MARK-II-2-C-AMP-AMPLIFIER-ROAD-CASE_W0QQitemZ110236645127QQihZ001QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:blah: anyway - it's still in my dining room trying to seduce me. anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Mesa/Boogie Mark IIC+ Combo

Features 9.4 (18 responses)

Sound Quality 10.0 (18 responses)

Reliability 9.7 (15 responses)

Customer Support 9.6 (17 responses)

Overall Rating 9.9 (17 responses)

Had to copy in this guy's review because it cracks me up:

Sound Quality : 10

Holy {censored}!!!!!!!!!! Sell your home and buy a Mark IIC+ its that good, no, GRRRRRRRREAT!!!!!!!! No amp sounds like this. When the tubes are hot, you will have the most articulated, screaming, searing, focused, creamy amp ever. You will be an instant guitar hero. You will sound like a "record" from any era. No pedals needed. I would never {censored} up this astonishing tone with a delay pedal, never. The hype of this amp is an underrating. Its better than they say it is!! The cleans make any amp seem like it was castrated. Even a fender sounds kinda weird next to the tremendous cleans on this amp. No amp today can nail that Leslie west tone, THIS ONE SURPASSES IT ON {censored}ING 2 (volume that is). It will sustain for as long as you like, no kidding. It will {censored}ing scream like nothing you have ever heard. If you do Santana on it you'll have to lower the gain, cauz at full tilt it will make Santana and his Dumble amps sound like a clean channel. You will think your mind is controlling the notes, how they sound and especially how they feel. Yes, its like you are dreaming and you are flying,same thing here. You control whats going to happen next in like a billionth of a second, you just know, you just play {censored}ing better on the spot. You will stop playing and get giddy and curse with glee, and start playing again, make phone calls to friends and beg them to listen to what the hell you are doing with this amp. Next time you see a good one on ebay, just get it. trust me just buy it. All your Buddahs and badcats,vintage marshalls, and other boutique bull{censored} will not even come close to the the beautiful notes this amp produces. The only amp that comes within a million miles is a fuchs overdrive supreme and that even gets its ass kicked. Go on youtube and pucnh in fuchs, you'll see some guys getting some groovy sustain and think they are big {censored}, and you'll want one. Get the {censored} outta here!! Dont bother! You think Im kidding, nothing can touch this amp, wait till its warmed up and you will compare it to a BoogieMark IV and be shocked that this is a different class of amplifier. Boogie made the best amp in the history of mankind. They will never duplicate what they have done, and they know it. Buy the next one on ebay and be done with it already!!!!!! You will never get mine. I dare someone to offer me ten thousand dollars right now, go ahead big guy, do it, you got the cajones. But Im not selling it, keep your money.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived