Virus Ti users, any reviews or first impressions?

louvega

• Members

Has anybody in this forum bought and recieved their Virus Ti already? I'd like to hear some impressions on the wavetables, the Total integration, supersaw and superpulse, and any other new addition to the Virus line.

Please, give us your impressions. Thanks.

• Members

My friend got the FIRST one a few days ago (the polar version), he's using it with logic 7 and says he's getting stuck notes occasionally. But the hardware itself is awesome. I guess the software still needs a few improvements.

• Members

I got my TI keyboard on monday. Sadly been a busy week at work so havnt had that much time to play yet, let alone post any impressions etc.

Anyway - I with the little time Ive had, Im very happy with it so far - love the sounds - lots of really good patches (actually there are a hell of alot of patches - will take ages to go through them) :)

Its definately a Virus - its got that classic virus sound - from memory, B and C patches still sound the same :)

Hypersaw is amazingly rich and smooth, what wave stuff I have specifically noticed was some of the traversal pads - very cool.

For some reason I never really noticed the FM sounds when Ive played with a C in the past - there some really cool FM sounds on this thing :)

Anyway - just scratching the surface of this awesome contraption and loving every minute of it. Nearly every other patch Im finding inspiring in some way and feeling I want to do something with it - its great :)

Im sure it will keep me amused for along time - the range of sounds on it is really quite impressive - oddly - I have been most impressed by an acoustic style piano patch - one of the best synthed piano patches I have heard out of a VA or FM synth - might be using a wave - I didnt check - anyway - it just really surprised me because it was un-synth like if that makes any sense :)

Lots of smileys in this post - that says it all really

:):D:cool::D:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by Khazul

Im sure it will keep me amused for along time - the range of sounds on it is really quite impressive - oddly - I have been most impressed by an acoustic style piano patch - one of the best synthed piano patches I have heard out of a VA or FM synth - might be using a wave - I didnt check - anyway - it just really surprised me because it was un-synth like if that makes any sense
:)

Interesting... I'd LOVE to hear a demo of that... back when I thought this thing could handle user wavetables, I thought that I would like to try such a thing myself. :)

Kiru

• Members

I played it at NAMM and had a good time, although the wavetable set wasn't finished, and I managed to get it to crash once.

The wavetables are pretty good, but very unlike the Waldorf sound. It's a lot smoother, refined, and interpolated in realtime. They play VERY well with the distortion effects.

The Logic editor was fantastic. Good UI in both software and hardware.

The best feature of all was the reconfigurable jack pod on the desktop version. I'm not sure if they fixed the power-up thump, but I'd hope so if this is a total hardware redesign.

Great stuff, I'd want one if the price were lower. My C stays here.

Archived