Noodle Radio (Nord G2 extreme weirdness)

Unfed

• Members

Jan Punter is a very active member of the Clavia NM/G2 community who focuses on self-evolving patches which he has termed 'noodles'. these are 'aleatoric (maybe?)' patches he's set up to play themselves, he's not tweaking any knobs or playing any keys. they just go on forever by themselves.

he's set up a site for streaming these 'compositions' straight from two Nord G2s:

http://80.100.161.73/nr/

here's some more info:

http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8064

check this stuff out. i guess they change every ten minutes or so via program change from the second G2. extremely weird for sure. just another of the many fun things to do with the Nord Modular series...

• Members

yep, they're pretty damn nice. :D

fun to build as well. leave no mod source/destination unattended. easy enough on alot of synths with a decent mod matrix i would think, we should have a thread about them and have people come up with their own, that might be fun.

• Members

Originally posted on electro-music.com by Blue Hell (creator of noodle radio)

Noodle Radio has been shut down now.

Thank you all for listening, the kind words and the fan mail.

It's been great for me !!

Ready to go on holiday now, see you later :-)

Ok I'm off line, on holiday.

poopies :(

• Members

We are working on a more permanent set up, so Jan can use his Engines the way he likes :)

There are plans to make it more interactive, like other users will be able to upload their own Performances, which will run on the radio too. The set up willl probably get some software which is able to detect well working Patches.

If so, everybody will be able to create Noodles and let them hear at Noodle Radio just by using the G2Demo (to create the sound) and the G2Editor (to create the Performance = more then one Patch)

But first Jan will take his holiday :)

Wout

Archived