Mesa Boogie Mark IV Walnut Combo

skaaks

• Members

This is a Mesa Boogie Mark IV 1x12 Short Body combo amplifier in Walnut with a wicker grill. This is Mesa Boogie's top of the line model that they have just recently discontinued. It was purchased directly from the Mesa Boogie factory. The cabinet was hand selected by the original owner and built specifically for him. It is in great shape and looks amazing. There are minor imperfections consistent with normal wear and tear. The walnut cabinet looks incredible and gives it a completely unique and classy style.

Based on the serial (IV-006881), I would estimate it was built around 1998. I've owned a lot of different amps in my time, and I can honestly say that the Mark IV is definitely one of my top 3. Each of the three channels has a completely unique voicing that gives you an incredible amount of versatility. From crystal cleans to soulful blues to solid rhythm to liquid leads, this thing can do it all. If you don't believe me, you're more than welcome to come check it out and hear for yourself.

On top of all that, it also has a ton of tube and operation options which allow you to run it in a ton of different modes (6L6, EL34, 5881, tweed, full power, triode, pentode, simulclass, class A). This, combined with the EQ, channel, and effects loop switching options give you more flexibility than just about any amp out there. I can't afford to keep this right now, but it will definitely be first on my list when I can afford one again.

I recently changed the tubes and it's ready to rock for another 10 years. It's in 100% working order and includes the cover, casters, manual, and footswitch. I'm asking $1600, but I am open to reasonable offers. Don't hesitate to contact me with any questions. Thanks!

[ATTACH]274639[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]274640[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]274641[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]274642[/ATTACH]

• Members

DAMN THIS IS SEXY AS HELL!!!!!!

i could probably look it up... but i just sold my Mark III red stripe head on ebay a couple days ago and was always curious about the differences between that amp and the Mark IV. Can you enlighten me? Cliffs Notes version?

Thanks!!

PS - I currently have a Road King. How does that differ as well (if you have any experience with it)? thanks!

• Members

DAMN THIS IS SEXY AS HELL!!!!!!

i could probably look it up... but i just sold my Mark III red stripe head on ebay a couple days ago and was always curious about the differences between that amp and the Mark IV. Can you enlighten me? Cliffs Notes version?

Thanks!!

PS - I currently have a Road King. How does that differ as well (if you have any experience with it)? thanks!

I've never played a Mark III personally, but from what I can there there are quite a few differences. First, while the Mark III has three channels, all three channels share the same tone controls. The Mark IV has separate bass, mid, and treble for the lead channels and the clean and crunch channels have independent treble controls (they share the mid and bass controls). Also, each channel has its own presence control. The Mk IV also has a ton more tube, switching, voicing options (full power, half/tweed power, class A operation, simul class operation, etc). I can say without a doubt that the Mk IV is THE most versatile amp I've ever played. All those different options come into play in so many ways, you can literally dial in just about any sound you're looking for. I can't really speak to the differences in sound, but hopefully someone who's had experience with both can chime in.

As for the Road King, I'm pretty sure that's a whole 'nother animal all together. I think it's more along the 'Rectifier' line than the 'Mark' line.

• Members

I've never played a Mark III personally, but from what I can there there are quite a few differences. First, while the Mark III has three channels, all three channels share the same tone controls. The Mark IV has separate bass, mid, and treble for the lead channels and the clean and crunch channels have independent treble controls (they share the mid and bass controls). Also, each channel has its own presence control. The Mk IV also has a ton more tube, switching, voicing options (full power, half/tweed power, class A operation, simul class operation, etc). I can say without a doubt that the Mk IV is THE most versatile amp I've ever played. All those different options come into play in so many ways, you can literally dial in just about any sound you're looking for. I can't really speak to the differences in sound, but hopefully someone who's had experience with both can chime in.

As for the Road King, I'm pretty sure that's a whole 'nother animal all together. I think it's more along the 'Rectifier' line than the 'Mark' line.

PM'd ya

• Members

just curious if
this
is the same amp you're selling now?

Hehe, no it's not :) I bought this one a few weeks back from a guy here locally. I just happened to pick that one up when I was searching on ebay last week to see what kind of prices they sell for. I'll probably be selling that one as well though since my wife likes having money for things like rent, food, etc. :rolleyes: It was just too good of a deal to pass up.

Archived