Heh...

Dave Bryce

• Members

I'm OK with the 100 x 100 restriction...

heck on my other fora I have to cram something meaningful into 50 x 50 px!

but the size restriction is sad... I had to compress my Voyager until the compression ate away most of the blue glow on the panel... :( Just another kbyte or two would have been nice.

thanks all the same! :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by Amos

I'm OK with the 100 x 100 restriction...

heck on my other fora I have to cram something meaningful into 50 x 50 px!

but the size restriction is sad... I had to compress my Voyager until the compression ate away most of the blue glow on the panel...
:(
Just another kbyte or two would have been nice.

thanks all the same!
:cool:

How do you compress pix? Any software you need to have? :confused:

• Members

Originally posted by Sleepin' Deeper

How do you compress pix? Any software you need to have?
:confused:

Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, or for free, Paint.NET (definately not the Windows built-in Paint which completely mutilates jpg files - you do not want that, trust me) or The Gimp.

All of them have the advantage that you can rescale pictures without too much loss in quality. For rescaling, it often helps to first perform image sharpening (available in all the aforementioned programs), and -then- rescale it. The scaling algorithm usually softens and blurs things a bit (bicubic) and sharpening your image first counters that effect somewhat.

• Members

Originally posted by Yoozer

Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, or for free,
Paint.NET
(definately
not
the Windows built-in Paint which completely mutilates jpg files - you do not want that, trust me) or
The Gimp.

All of them have the advantage that you can rescale pictures without too much loss in quality. For rescaling, it often helps to first perform image sharpening (available in all the aforementioned programs), and -then- rescale it. The scaling algorithm usually softens and blurs things a bit (bicubic) and sharpening your image first counters that effect somewhat.

Thanks! :)

• Members

Originally posted by Dave Bryce [ 100 post minimum, and 200x200 pixels max.

dB

Yeah, thanks, at this rate of about one post per month I'll be eligible in 2012. :( I bet i can come up with something really good by then.

Unless i start contributing to tHaT tHrEaD:

• Members

Originally posted by myteeGTi

or have a link there instead of uploading the picture. That should make stuff easier on the server.

ding!ding1ding!

totally yo.

if your personal webspace can handle the load of your icon, you can use it. if it can't, you have to settle for 4-bit 100x100 pixel BMP ha!

Archived