voodoo platinum modded marshall 1987x

zosoKing5

• Members

Im in the middle of my last year of college, and im running out of funds. the marshall and most of my guitars have to go.

This is a 2002 Marshall 1987x with the voodoo mod done on it. (see voodoo mod on their webpage for all the details.) it has everything done except the midboost push/pull switch and fx loop.

It is a master volume amp, so you get big sounds at low volumes. (Low volume is not enough to keep up with drums so its not too loud)

Sounds like- well i hate to be cliche, but it does the early zeppelin sound really well with any single coil guitar. Turn the tone down, the mids and bass up, and you get clapton bluesbreaker sounds. It does ACDC without trying. The gretsch worked well for malcolm young sounds. turn the volume up and the master down, and you can play as heavy as maiden, blizzard of ozz era ozzy, and whitesnake/ vanhalen type stuff. Very simple, versatile amp. I will own one again after i graduate. And check out the HC reviews for the modded amp. nothing short of stellar.

Asking 1050 shipped1000 picked up You can buy it modded for about 2900 after taxes, so this is a steal. I will pack it insanely well.

PICS!

IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

in my eyes it does, its got better cleans and better distortion than the JCM. the splawn has a whole different sound, i cant compare the two. they both do what they are made for very well. This is a classic rock/heavy metal amp, and with a pedal or two you could do some serious damage. alot of 80's thrash bands had this head with a couple of pedals.

Archived