Wavestation data transfer question

Karma1

• Members

I recently picked up a Wavestation A/D and want to transfer some of the Combi's from my Wavestation SR into it. I tried doing it from a ram card, but discovered that there is a problem because you need to separately write all the program, wavesequence data, etc. Ideally I'd like to be able to just transfer selected Combi's rather than whole banks. Can this be done with a midi cable via sys ex dump? I've heard that it could possibly be done with a computer editor. Although I've never used one and would prefer to do it directly. However, if using the computer is the best way I could go that route. I'd appreciate any specific info on transfering sounds. Also, can I take sounds from different banks in the SR and put them together in one bank in the A/D?

• Members

Yep,

Look at pages 125, 126 and 131 in your A/D reference guide.

You can use SYSEX to send or receive a single patch or single performance data dump.

If it's possible to do this from the A/D, I'm pretty sure the SR has similar possibilities (although I never used a SR, only the A/D).

:)

• Members

You're welcome.

If I were you, I would check on the Korg Web site, maybe you could get those manuals in PDF format.

What is sure is that you definitely need the manuals in order to master all the possibilities in those great instruments. I still enjoy my Wavestation since day one, it's very powerful. :)

Archived