Now that i got my s90

Bronzee

• Members

I can't figure out how to use this smart media card. I have never had one before. The manual says I can add things on it that i want to keep for a back up.. I have never done this before. I have a computer, do i have to have a burner? How do I get things into the smart media card.? Can this record extra sounds that i can play in my s90? Thanks

• Members

There's some tutorials here and some things you can download and write to your Smart Media here. (The last 5 voice banks are free, so you can play around with those without having to pay anything).

Yes, you'll need to buy a SmartMedia device for your computer - connects via USB and then looks like an additional disk drive.

• Members

They sell one at sninety.com for $39 but its SmartMedia only.

Here's one from Circuit City for $35 that also does CompactFlash and a bunch of other formats.

My advice, however, is to just play with your new S90 for a while! Screw the computer, screw transfering .mids or voice banks...there's tons of stuff in the stock S90 to keep you busy for quite some time! :cool:

When I got my S90 about a year ago, I thought for sure I was going to by a card reader, the Vintage Keys, Synth Basics, and Mix N' Match Essentials banks, as well as a PLG-AN and Songwriter's Drums, maybe even the S90 Under Control DVD. :freak:

Well...I haven't. There's still so much I haven't even touched on this thing, mostly because I still get lost in the presets! There are tons of patches that sound great right out of the box. The most tweaking I've done is lowering some reverb here and there, building some splits and organizing some favorites.

Take a deep breath, set all this technology aside, sit down, and play! :thu:

• Members

All, i kow is iam so lost with the s90 but, i do love it..its a big computer itself and i know nothing much about computer tech here. Is it ok if i can email u from time to time to ask questions? dabowsa. I have a cd rom that came with the manuals..one of the cd-rom is blank nothing is on it. The other on has plug..music on it..I havent found nothing in the manual that explains this. I dont have any flash cards..I guess I'll have to buy them if i want them. {when i find out what kind to get} LOL.But like u said..iam experiencing alot of new things in this s90..and idont think i iwll get bored with this for years to come. the only thing I dont want to do is lose my voices..I reading the manual to try and not lose any voices that came with the s90. I dont kow if i can loose the voices, users, or banks, its not clear to me in the manual. But, I have found some more music on here..in the plug in sections accidentley.. When i download things on this site do i have to have my s90 hooked up to the computer? http://www.sninety.com/S_Mart/VoiceData.htm and will i loose my voices if i put more loading things one..but this will be in the future. U have my email address. I would like to keep in touch with u..regarding this infromation..if u dont mind. Thanks.

• Members

Bronzee

you can save the stock voices onto a card before you load in different ones. then you can have your choice of which to load up.

your cd's probably should have included a sequencer program. when you open the program, you can choose to open editors for the available pug-in boards.

after you get familiar with the keyboard, you may want to look into some of those boards - they're pretty cool.

i have the AN (virtual analog), FM (plg150dx) and the VH (vocal harmony) plugins.

i have an S80 and noticed right away a mistake on the S90 site.

my S80 does indeed have aftertouch. also, i only have 2 slots for plug-in boards, not 3. but i think the rest of the comparison chart is pretty accurate.

Archived