4x 8ohm Celestion K100s

mincy

• Members

What do you mean by "broken in"? I'm sorry for the question but I've seen that term used before and I first thought it meant they were useless.

means they have enough playing time on them that they've mellowed out a little bit and hit their actually tone. New speakers tend to be very stiff and need some time at high volumes to work them in. The tone on a speaker changes somewhat once it's been broken in (though how much is a matter for debate).

• Members

i'm asuming that mincy meens, the two were used. and used enough to allow them to be "Broken in". Also most like buying new tires with the little hairs still on them, then when you get home they have worn off, but still remain with new tread. To me broken in says,

not new in the box, were taken and placed in a cab, used for a bit and pulled back out for a taste of something else.

But nor should they have 100's of hrs on them iether, or played to the point that the voice coils and cone are crackling.

As long everyone remembers, what goes around comes around. And people here on the forum are usually great guys to deal with.

By the way these are sold. Thanks agian mincy!!!!

Archived