Triton LE61 vs Privia 310 for playing in a band & future recording?

skier4467

• Members

I'm ready to invest in a new keyboard. Someday I want to play rock, funk, blues, jazz, pop in a band and do home-studio recordings.

Should I get the Casio Privia 310 for $600 and have nicely weighted keys and the basic sounds?

Or should I spend $900 on a Korg Triton LE61 and have more sounds, knobs, fx but nonweighted keys and only 61 keys vs 88?

• Members

I dunno... that's really like asking do you want a new sedan or a new SUV on your next car purchase? Both are cars, but they may appeal to different owners.

The Casio is a digital piano... some piano samples, ep's maybe some organ.

The Triton is a synth workstation. It comes with many more sounds features than a digital piano. Do you want good digital piano features? Or do you want the whole caboodle.... brass, strings, organs, so, so pianos, synth leads, pads. bass . Full editing capability, built in sequencer, built in drum machine....

If it were up to me, (I'm not a piano player) I'd go for the LE in a heartbeat. A good starter workstation with great sounds, features. Is lightwieght and perfect budget synth for gigging. What's a digital piano good for.... except playing keyboard oriented patches? But that is me...

If you want to compromise, I'd go for an Alesis QS 8.2... 88 key, semi weighted, yet a full fledged rom based synth. $899 Musican's Friend.

Archived