95 british vox ac30 6tbx in fawn

panoramic

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It seems to me that if he offered it to someone in trade, then he should stand by that offer, especially if that guy (I think it was Fenderhw77) put off other offers to do the trade and now those are gone.
Do the right thing Panoramic.

• Members

british vox amps have more cachet...but honestly the heritage handwired series have more features. ef86 and top boost...pentode, triode modes

I'm not sure about the top cut, but the ef86 channel has bass and treble settings / switches that aren't present on ac amps with only the top boost channel. I'm not sure if they were present on old ef86 vox's or not.

The heritage series is the old classic circuits...plus MORE

some people may feel the need to upgrade caps and transformers and tubes...more power to them! later gang

• Members

So then I have to ask, is the Heritage any better than the handwireds that came out back in 2002-03??? There seems to be arguments about which ones are the best for different reasons, but I wanted to know if anyone that has played those two different amps can give me their opinion on them. I really like the heritage mahogany 2x12's, but really really would like to get the handwired ac30s that were only made in 2002-03 due to some that say in review articles that they are the best besides the old jmi ac30's... someone or anyone please help!!!

• Members

So then I have to ask, is the Heritage any better than the handwireds that came out back in 2002-03??? There seems to be arguments about which ones are the best for different reasons, but I wanted to know if anyone that has played those two different amps can give me their opinion on them. I really like the heritage mahogany 2x12's, but really really would like to get the handwired ac30s that were only made in 2002-03 due to some that say in review articles that they are the best besides the old jmi ac30's... someone or anyone please help!!!

I have the ac30hh head in blonde/fawn right now, I wouldn't say it sounds better or worse than any of the other vox amps I have sound, it has a different set of controls and more options for sure. I love the ef86 side, it can get really gnarly without much effort. The top boost side is pretty much identical to the amp I am selling here, they were based off of the same model. The main difference overall that I have noted is that the british 90's ac30 have a much smoother and easy to use normal channel. It took me a little longer to dial in the sound I like on the head version due to the abundance of options I got to choose from. I really like the bass shift on the ef86 channel. It makes the natural gain on that side less muddy and more clear without being ear piercing.

Hope that helps you.

• 1 month later...

Archived