FS/FT Landry LS50 Amp, Serial #1, $1850

wrxplayer

• Members

TRADED. THANKS, CARL.

I just got this amp in trade. It sounds GREAT. For clips go to www.landryamps.com or check them out on www.youtube.com. It's a killer amp with lots of gusto coming out of its 2xEL34 power circuits.

It's two channels but really more like three channel IMO. The clean channel really shines. I was really pleasantly surprised as these heads are billed as overdrive monsters (which they indeed are). The gain channel is very adjustable and goes from JTM45 to Plexi to metal. I think it's really a three channel as the footswitch provides a third option, high gain, which gets you a saturated as you want.

Reverb is nice and deep. The master volume works well enabling the user to get great rock tones without waking up the wife and kids.

This is serial no. 1 (there are only two LS50's in distribution at this point). Bill Landry (who's very nice and responsive and accessible). Bill has developed modifications for the amp that he's very excited about and offered me to do them for free (I pay for shipping both ways). I suspect he'd make the same deal with a subsequent owner. If so I could ship to Bill and he and the new owner can arrange shipping from there after the mods are done.

The only reason I am offering this amp is that it's a very heavy head. I'm no longer young and fear that taking it from home studio in basement to gig with be a problem after a while. I should have asked first but I didn't.

I'd prefer money but will consider trades/partial trades. I'm in NJ and will take $50 off for a local pickup.

PM or email me at jimicoltrane@gmail.com

IMG00007.jpg

IMG00008.jpg

• Members

Regarding the tilted power tranny, I spoke to Bill. He indicated that it is not uncommon to have a leg bent when the amps are transported using ground transportation due to the weight of the power transformer. He's offered to make the current mods for free and when the amp goes through his shop he'll "straighten" it out. He said I could do it if I wanted but I'm not comfortable doing such things. Or it could stay as is and have no affect on playability.

Here's a clip of the LS50: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQJ3nqDykto

Archived