Advice

Josh Kilgannon

• Members

Triple Recs sell for $900-1300 in my experience. Did it come with a footswitch? What kind of shape is the tolex in? How clean is it inside?

Those tubes are probably garbage. It can cost upwards of $600 to retube a Triple Rec depending on how crazy you like to get with tubes.

• Members

Triple Recs sell for $900-1300 in my experience. Did it come with a footswitch? What kind of shape is the tolex in? How clean is it inside?

Those tubes are probably garbage. It can cost upwards of $600 to retube a Triple Rec depending on how crazy you like to get with tubes.

tolex is good just old, has a footswitch, dusty as hell inside I just got done cleaning off as much dust as I could as carful as I could.......as far as tubes when idol the tubes don't crack or puff so idk.........if I do retube I'll purchase plain mesa tubes

• Members

Mesa tubes are alright. I've had great results with dougstubes.com though. He has kits set up for a bunch of different amps. He actually burns in the tubes before he ships them so you don't have to. Plus, he an all around awesome dude.

sweet I"m gonna give the tubes a week or two then decide from there......this is my first serious amp as far as not being solid state so I just want to take care of it and get as much use and life out of it as i can

Archived