Mesa Triple Rectifier Solo Head - KT88 Modded

rlm297

• Members

{censored}ing sheer brutalz.

I've honestly never played one of these things. Is the gain saturation on par with say, an ENGL Powerball?

I used to own a brand new ENGL Fireball 60 watter a few months ago (I ended up returning it) and I'd say the ENGL, while awesome at what it does.. is very limited in the sounds/tones department.. but those tones it can do, it does very well.

The Mesa Triple Rectifier I'm selling is menacing in terms of gain. Very tight, focused, and heavy as hell. The Mesa just sounds a little more "alive" than VHT, ENGL, and Bogners.. those are all amazing amps, but they aren't always musical amps. To me, it seems those "big boy" brands are more about getting the amp to sound great by itself, but in a recording or playing with other instruments.. they don't always work musically in the mix.

Put into applications, the Mesa has "muscle," whereas the other brands have "white noise loud" IMHO.

I hope this helps.

• Members

you almost had me until, "more" musical that a Bogner or a VHT...um not really but good luck anyway

In my opinion anyway. I was going off of the first edition Uberschall I used to own with bad cleans and amazing distortion (its only selling point) and a VHT Deliverance 60.

• Members

Then you are correct, but if you plug into an Ecstacy, particularily an old 100B or an oldschool pitbull UL with the kt88's there are many musical and brutal tones available. The Triple Rec with the KT 88 mod is quite good however and less than 1/2 the price! good luck!

Archived