MESA/BOOGIE Midi Quad Preamp with Abacus Midi Footcontroller

rlord1974

• Members

SOLD! MODS, PLEASE DELETE

Hi All:

Well, the collection has once again grown too large and needs to be brought back into check. Yeah, you know what that means - time to make those tough decisions about what stays and what goes. Here is the first painful decision.....

For sale, I have one of the rare, midi-controllable versions of the 3 rack space all-tube Quad preamp (8 x 12AX7's).

As I am sure most of you are aware, the Quad is separated into two channels sharing one common input. Each channel offers two footswitchable modes (making it a 4 channel preamp) and a pre-assignable 5 band graphic equalizer (i.e., 2 graphic eq's in total). Channel 1 is very similar to the Mark IIC, while Channel 2 is very much like the Mark III - only with significantly more gain available.

Other noteable features include tube-driven spring reverb, a tube-driven effects loop and rear panel external switching jacks (for use with a standard 1/4"grounding type footswitch or a midi-controllable switcher, such as the Rocktron Patchmate or Voodoo Lab GCX/Ground Control).

The Quad is in absolutely stunning condition for its age. Comes with a rare Mesa Boogie Abacus midi footcontroller and cable, also in unbelievably clean condition. The Abacus is phantom-powered from the Quad, eliminating any need for batteries or adapters on your pedal board.

Asking USD $900 + shipping for the Quad, Abacus and cable.

Additional pictures are available upon request if you are seriously interested.

If you are looking for real amp tone and feel in a rack, this is the unit. This preamp has all of the Mesa Mark series tones you could need.

Thanks.

FrontandTop.jpg

FrontPanel.jpg

RearConnections1.jpg

RearConnections2.jpg

Inside1.jpg

AbacusTop.jpg

• Members

where are you located

PM'd.

FYI for others, I am located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada but will pack this thing super well!

Come on my U.S. friends, take advantage of the strengthening US dollar vs. the Canadian funny money!

• Members

Monday morning bump with new trade option.....

I would do a straight trade for a clean VHT/Fryette 2/90/2 and would consider working out a trade on either a clean Randall RT2/50, VHT/Fryette 2/50/2, Mesa 2:Ninety or Mesa 2:Fifty.

Let me know!

Archived