FS : VHT Sig:X

Reager

• Members

08 VHT Sig:X number 235 (I told someone else 135 by mistake).

I bought the amp in Aug 08 but amp honestly has very little play time on it. My band only did 2 shows after I got this amp. And disbanded at the end of 08. I think I only had this amp turned on maybe 2 dozen times in 09 and only twice this year. Its just to much amp for playing alone in the house. Warning this thing does not do low volumes. Even 40w mode is loud.

For those that don't know much about the Sig. 3 channel, all tube of course, 5 12ax7s, a KT88 duo, and a single rectifier (only runs in 40w mode). This amp is about the heaviest IMO of the VHT stuff. It makes as much gain as the UL Pitbull but has a more saturated tone. Which makes it a better choice for new style metal. Great clean tone, and channel 2 will go from a nice bluesy tone when the gain is down to a Mark IV-ish sound. Channel 3 its what you would expect, a hotter version of channel 2 with more gain and a better mid section for leads.

I had a MESA Dual Recto Roadster prior to this amp, and I was very happy with the switch. The Sig will make just as much gain, but cuts the mix a lot better.

The amp itself is in 9/10 condition. There is one tiny nick in the tolex on the front. The picture of it sucks, but its barely noticeable at all. The back plate does have a couple scuffs on it. I had it removed in the rehearsal room to keep it cooler (the KTs get pretty hot). And there are some scuffs on the bottom on the foot controller. I later glued rubber feet to the board to keep it from getting beat up so bad.

I swapped the factory KT88 tubes for a set of JJ's in blue glass. I also have a JJ Gold Pin 12AX7 that I bought for V1. I have the factory powertubes around here for it as well. They are still good, I swapped them after only having the amp a month.

The new Fryette's are $2250, I'd like to get $1600 shipped.

PM if interested

Pics - http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=358663955&albumId=1274144

• Members

Bumpage...wow over 100 views and not a single bite. 2 just went on ebay this week for the same amount + shipping. So I know I'm not asking to much. But I am open to reasonable offers. And would consider a trade on a few things.

ENGL Invader or Savage

Possibly something from Soldano

Archived