FT/FS Alpha & Omega "David" 1x12 & 1x10 Combo (AC30 meets Fender)

tinkercity

• Members

Here's a very cool amp up for sale or trade. I just received this in a trade and think it's an amazing amp, but I've just picked up a Magic Amps Brit, so this amp will be slightly redundant...

The David is a crossbreed of an AC30 and a Blackface Fender style circuit. It has some of the most beautiful low end I've ever heard in an amp. This amp just breathes vintage mojo and sounds fantastic. There is minor wear from the previous owner, but all in all it's in fantastic shape. See pics for details...This amp also has a custom Pentode/Triode switch to move from either 30/18 watts. With the high and normal inputs, a lot of options are available.

Trades, send me what you've got but I'm pretty set on getting a straight ahead Tweed Deluxe design ala Tungsten, Clark, Richter, etc... I will consider all trades. Not really looking for anything super Voxy as the Magic Amps Brit will cover those tones nicely.

Sale price is $1000 + Shipping and PP. These are $1500 new.

Here's what Alpha and Omega have to say about the David...

http://alphaomegaamps.com/amps.aspx

Story:

We had an ambitious goal - to make an amp that is uniquely ours: equipped with the best of the British and American tones, loud enough to gig, with reverb and highly portable. After many prototypes and refinements, we have hit the mark. Here is a brief story of our journey.

Guts:

We like the sound of a Vox AC30 and the power and punch of 6L6s. For our output section we wired a pair of 6L6s in near-Class A design, similar to that of an Vox AC30. This design reduces the output power, but in return provides great tone. To harness the wider frequency response, we modified the tone stack so as to best capture the useable range for the electric guitar. We put in a real spring reverb circuit. It is a "mild" rather than a really "wet" design. To accommodate both humbuckers and single coils pickups, we added a high sensitivity input in addition to a normal input.

We spent considerable time testing various speaker configurations to get the best sound out of this amp and finally settled on a pair of Alnico speakers: one 12" and one 10." The combination of a 12" and a 10" gives our amp better punch and unique voicing. The combined power handling capability of 70 watts is plentiful for our 35 watts amp. These tried and true speakers give great tone without all the weight. The result is an outstanding tube amp that weighs only 40 pounds.

Results:

During our testing and review stage of this amp, professional musicians in the US and other countries gave this amp the highest accolades. You will as be proud to own this amp as we are proud to make it for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLIPS

Here are some clips of the amp by it's previous owner. (Click on the music player) The amp is set to the 18w setting and high gain input to get earlier breakup. http://daddyosband.com/music.htm

DSC03763.jpgDSC03760.jpgDSC03761.jpgDSC03762.jpg

Archived