synth recommendationscomments??

Rogerf05

• Members

I have been looking at Roland Fantom and Triton Extreme...but just starting. I have a DAW and currently use a roland jv80 but want to change/upgrade my base synth. I am not a keyboard player and only tinker as needed to get my sounds for writing/recording on my DAW. Any suggestions/comments on best synth/workstation (between those two or other suggestions) with goal of good basic sounds (brass, strings, percussion, etc) but as important is unique cool synth sounds with good batch of presets but easy/basic editing and expandable.

Cheers and Merry Christmas/Happy new year to all!

Roger

Guest Anonymous

Since you are already used to Roland sounds I would recommend a used Fantom FA76 or S6. For new I would go with a Fantom XA or a X6/7.

:thu:

• Members

Fantoms and Tritons are pretty comparable in terms of features; there'd be an advantage for you in getting the Fantom in that the sound generation architecture will be somewhat familiar to you, although with some evolution, obviously.

There's definitely something to be said for continuity and intuitiveness, especially if you're more of a tinkerer and not really looking to get too deep into the whole midi thing......

Archived