groovetube amp sfx100

rb293

• Members

Has anyone heard the Groovetube Amp SFX100? It is advertised in Keyboard Mag the latest issue. I was thinking of buying a Motion Sound KP200 for my Fanton x8 and Yamaha P250 and Motif ES rack mostly for piano sound. After seeing the add for the sfx100 it got me thinking. Maybe this is a better way to go... Very hard to know if you can't try it before you buy... thanks for any info you can provide!!

• Members

[putting on GT hat]

I do Groove Tubes' marketing (independently), so be aware.

Yes, the SFX 100 is true stereo, and it will NOT work with a mono source. you need to feed it stereo to get the effect.

If you're familiar at all with miking techniques, the SFX100 works just like an M/S stereo microphone setup, except in reverse (being speakers, not mics). The best test is hearing it... it should be in stock at most Guitar Centers. Make sure you demo it using true stereo sources... piano, organ w/leslie effect, EPs all sound great through it.

You can get more info here at the GT site.

[/putting on GT hat]

- Jeff

• Members

Jeff, I noticed your name on some of their press releases. Do you get to play around with the stuff, or just take pictures and write words?

Can you clarify "all sound great through it" outside your GT tags? If not, expound on it with your hat on - I'd love to hear more about this lightweight, small footprint, low cost, full range stereo amplification system!

Archived