For Sale: Fender Vibrolux Reverb

badhabit

• Members

Selling my 1974 Vibrolux Reverb. Was completely gone through by Ron Veil with new caps installed, new power chord and blackfaced, electronically and cosmetically. Original transformers, reverb pan and chassis. New period 1965 correct repro cab by Mather cabinets, era correct faceplate, Eminence Copperhead speakers, RCA 6L6GC power tubes, NOS rectifier tube, and various quality pre-amp tubes. Comes with vintage period correct r/v pedal. Runs very quiet, lush reverb and vibrato. Very clean. Prefer local sale in N. CA. but would ship to a buyer anywhere in continental USA. Buyer pays shipping. I'll accept Paypal and pay the fees. Asking $1,200.00. Pm me here or just reply here. Thanks.

sgraduation001.jpg

• Members

Consider this: A beat to {censored} silverface will run 8 to 9 hundred with a laminated pine and particle board cabinet. This new cab is solid finger jointed pine with birch plywood baffle and back panels ( better than pre-CBS era cabs ) Cosmetically brand new with authentic Fender blackface era logo and blackface front panel. All the trannies and the chassis are stock 1974 Fender. No mods except a simple "blackfacing" of the circuit were done ( new filter caps were installed ). The Copperheads may not be everyone's fav, but some WGS 10" Veterans can be put in for less than $100.00 for two. And one could sell the Copperheads for about the cost of the Veterans. Plus, most VR's selling today usually need some work. All the work has been done on this amp already by the best guys in CA. And you get some great sounding RCA power tubes and a NOS 5U4 tube rectifier. Any new hand built VR style amp will cost $1,600.00 and it won't be a vintage Fender. If I didn't need the money, I wouldn't be selling this great, vintage amp. So let's get some offers going. Need cash, not trades.

Examples on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1974-Fender-Vibrolux-Reverb-Guitar-Amp-/230640547086?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b33f750e

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Vibrolux-Reverb-Amplifier-1972-Excellent-Stock-/140576669144?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20bb05bdd8

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Sound-VS210-w-Fender-Vibrolux-Reverb-Cover-/230374374526?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35a361fc7e

Then do a national search of craigslist. Lots of "Custom" VR's for sale. Those are PC board amps and are not Vibrolux's. Different circuit. Some blackface era amps from 2K to over 4K. A few silverfaces from $1,100.00 and up. Most need some attention. That just gives you an idea of the value of this amp I'm selling.

Thanks gents.

• Members

would you trade for guitar? guild d50 with baggs dual source pickup and sure ksm32 mic and a bunch of pedals.....any chance we can work something out?

Perhaps. Is your Guild guitar the standard D-50? With or without the cutaway? Any photos of your guitar? What year? Case? Condition?

• Members

i hate to be a bummer about all this, but there is a harsh reality you need to get. You are asking top dollar for a rehabbed and modified piece...even though it may be structurally better or appear spotless, it IS NOT original...you are asking spotless vintage original condition prices for a modified piece. I know, it may be functionally better, sound better, work better, etc....but peeople will buy reissues for that and save money...

Just trying to help you move this....not trying to be an ass, but trying to shed some light on the fact of why this hasn't sold.

• Members

i hate to be a bummer about all this, but there is a harsh reality you need to get. You are asking top dollar for a rehabbed and modified piece...even though it may be structurally better or appear spotless, it IS NOT original...you are asking spotless vintage original condition prices for a modified piece. I know, it may be functionally better, sound better, work better, etc....but peeople will buy reissues for that and save money...

Just trying to help you move this....not trying to be an ass, but trying to shed some light on the fact of why this hasn't sold.

Thanks. I considered this. I have had some interest with folks that wanted the amp but did not have the money and wanted to trade. I know there are purists out there that would rather have a silver face with the IMO ugly faceplate, poorly designed cabinet and mediocre speakers. That's cool. I appreciate the vintage, original appeal. Then this amp isn't for them. But IMHO, this amp is equal in value to a same year, all original silverface because, outside of the new, better than original cabinet, it IS all original ( except for the speakers ). But I appreciate the point you are making and will take it into consideration. For the time being, I am still keeping it at the same price. Thanks.

• Members

.but peeople will buy reissues for that and save money...

FYI. The re-issues are NOT the same amp at all. Even Fender does not say they are re-issues. Fender calls it a Custom Vibrolux Reverb Amp and lists it in their pro tube series and not their re-issue series. They state it is a modern interpretation rather than a re-issue.

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0215100000

• Members
  • Members

Just piping in here, the price seems fair enough, not a collectable but looks like a great player. If it doesn't sell maybe $1200 is too high for HC if you don't accept trades. Craigslist won't get you that either. You may get that on the bay but lose some in fees. If I didn't have too many amps including a Fender twin I would consider it but not for $1200. If you are patient though it may be that someone will pay it. Good luck on the sale and nice amp there.

• Members

Yeah, that's a good point....lots of these online forums consist of a lot of people wanting to catch a deal....not the best place to get a good price on stuff...to get top dollar, which that amps seems to deserve, I'd put it on TGP or eBay and be done with it....

On here, it is rare that good high end stuff sells for cash....some nice high end trades go down, but cash.....sadly, not too often....

Best of luck in the sale!

Archived