FS: Visual Sound Workhorse Stallion 60W 2x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp - Ultra Rare

rlm297

• Members
Visual Sound Workhorse Stallion 60W 2x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp - $800 OBO
eBay Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281009704391

This is essentially a like new (if not pretty darn close to brand spanking new) Visual Sound Workhorse Stallion 212 Combo amp. No wear at all, it still has that brand new feel on the tolex and panel. It has a black two-pocket fitted slip cover (not shown), original manual, hang tag and power cord which I will include with the item when it ships.

This item is discontinued and it's very unlikely that you will find another one of these and certainly not in this condition. If you're a collector, this is an extremely rare amp and very unique. There were only a little over 100 of these made from what I could find out. This one is Serial # WHS 00074.

To put it in a way HC and TGP forum-goers might understand...
This is going to be "that amp" that I get private messages about randomly from users asking on a longshot if it's still available, months after it's been sold. (See also: Verellen Loucks, Holland Brentwood Jumpmaster Prototype)

Anyway, about the Workhorse. This amp was made to sound as clean as possible even at high volumes. If you're looking for an amp with built-in distortion, this is amp is not it -- with reason. The Workhorse Stallion amp was designed with one purpose: to provide players who use pedals the cleanest possible amp tone, so they can get the truest, most accurate sounds from their pedals. In addition, the amp has a built-in jack +9Vdc jack you can use to power your pedal chain. The EQ on this amp is downright incredible and the reverb isn't there for novelty, this one has a long tank and sounds amazing.

Build quality is military grade and comparable to a Matchless. Very sturdy, heavy in weight and to the touch, feels bomb proof (let alone gig proof). LOUD, LOUD and clean.

$(KGrHqZHJFMF!N-QY8jrBQiI5h(yJ!~~60_57.J

To get an idea of what possibilities are ahead of you if you get this, I encourage you to check out Fuzz Box Girl's video demos. Not only are they entertaining, but she he uses this amp almost exclusively to demo virtually every boutique fuzz pedal you can think of. This will give you an idea of how this amp will sound with different kinds of fuzzes. You can use any pedal though for similar awesome results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEZMQQLAXrY

Archived