Namm: E-mu Emulator X2 Software Sampler

depulse

• Members

well Birdie, maybe they were just waiting for the Apple Intel switch before they made the system compatible. I have the 1212m cards sitting in the PC I'm giving my gf, never did have the sampler loaded though. The cards are pretty nice, the breakout box even better.

Maybe I'm biased, but I don't understand music companies only developing for PC.... games, sure, but the Mac is huge in the music industry.

• Members

Originally posted by Analog Kid

well Birdie, maybe they were just waiting for the Apple Intel switch before they made the system compatible. I have the 1212m cards sitting in the PC I'm giving my gf, never did have the sampler loaded though. The cards are pretty nice, the breakout box even better.

Maybe I'm biased, but I don't understand music companies only developing for PC.... games, sure, but the Mac is huge in the music industry.

As Eeyore sez, thanks fer noticin' me. :)

• Members

Originally posted by depulse

E-MU ANNOUNCES EMULATOR X2 SOFTWARE SAMPLER

i'm in.:thu:

it's really worth picking up an inexpensive pc and a card just for this.

remember what the hardware samplers cost when they came out?

• Members

I must commend E-Mu on some very creative names:

-- SynthSwipe

-- TwistaLoop

-- Transform Multiply

Its too bad they have never created GigaStudio drivers (GSIF or GSIF2) for their audio interfaces.

Regarding development for the PC only, Creative Labs is simply going for the largest numbers of potential customers on one platform .

(** I updated this for clarity **)

• Members

Originally posted by MartinHines

Regarding development for the PC only, Creative Labs is simply going for the largest numbers of potential customers.

um, the largest number of potential customers would include both mac and pc users (but i know what you mean).;)

• Members

Originally posted by mildbill

it's really worth picking up an inexpensive pc and a card just for this.

remember what the hardware samplers cost when they came out?

Good point, and I'll consider it. But at the moment my old G4 is due to be replaced with a new MacIntel...so perhaps later. :)

• Members

Originally posted by Mook

The morphing filter designer sounds cool. Shame I would have to use some Creative hardware to access it though...

According to Sound On Sound, the converters and hardware in general are of high end quality (they were shocked by this, as I am sure you are). ;)

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jun04/articles/emu.htm

Archived