eBay Buyer bready1986 (didn't know where to put this but wanted to warn people)

Phil Jacques

• Members

If this guy bids on any of your auctions you would be better off cancelling his bid.

I placed my Framus Cobra on eBay for $1200. I recieved a bid from him for that $1200 instantly and the auction closed Wednesday with him as the winner. I had swapped a few previous emails with him with no problem chatting about different gear he had purchased as I had seen he purchased a DC5 recently among other things.

Immediately following the auction I made numerous attempts to reach out to him after sending an invoice with shipping included (He lives in Victoria, Australia) For the Framus Cobra via USPS boxed in a 32x15x15" box at 60lb packaged weight, it came to $387.62 which I felt was pretty reasonable considering UPS and FedEx were both closer to $700 to ship to Australia. I even offered to refund whatever was left over if it ended up being cheaper...

I waited 36 for a response from him all while sending multiple emails to both his eBay account and personal email which he provided me with. I received no contact or payment from him until today when I reported him and cancelled the transaction. He started berating me saying I was trying to rip him off and was rude and uncooperative. :smiley-wtf: He left me negative feedback and emailed me back saying I "fu**ed with the wrong guy"

Below are the first two emails I sent him. One to his personal and one to his ebay account...

Dear bready1986,

Hey Brother, just sent you the invoice. Was quoted $387.62 over the phone for shipping... IF it comes to it and the shipping ends up cheaper, I will refund you the difference. Just want to make sure we have all our bases covered. I have never shipped over seas so I just want to make this all go as smooth as possible. You have my email and phone number get a hold of me if you need to.

- philjmetalgtr

Framus Cobra Amp Head

Item Id: 251285805264

End time: Jun-12-13 07:50:32 PDT

Seller:

philjmetalgtr (44)

0.0% Positive Feedback

Member since Dec-29-04 in United States

Listing Status: This message was sent while the listing was closed.

Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 9:36 AMThu, 9:36 AM

Message starred

from Phil Jacques to 1 recipient

Framus Cobra

Show Details

From

Phil Jacques

To

Hey bud just wanted to make contact with you through my personal email so we can get all the details and final transaction worked out so I can get this amplifier shipped over to you. Please get with me ASAP so we can make this work. Trying to be communicative and helpful but haven't heard from you yet.

Phil Jacques

Just beware when you are selling gear on eBay if you see this guy bid, CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL!

• Members

I was going to ask... I thought you had sold the Cobra (I checked out your listing).

That's a tough break man :/ Hope you have better luck on it this time around, and thanks for the heads up on that guy

Archived