1966 gretsch 6162 2x10 combo, stellar

panoramic

• Members

I recently picked this amp up in a trade and I am waivering on keeping it so I thought I'd list it here and see what you guys thought and if anyone was interested. Beautiful looking and sounding Gretsch 6162 amplifier for sale or trade. It is a 2x10 combo amplifier from the mid 60's, all tube with reverb and trem onboard, comes with an extra reverb tank, the original is still functional. The speakers are vintage jensens, The amp runs at about 18 watts and records amazingly well. I have played one gig with it and it sounded superb. weight is approximately 34 lbs. All the original everything is here, the tolex is in great shape, the grill has a small snag on the lower right side, otherwise perfect, wedge shaped wooden foot pedal is also still here. These amps are super hard to find and really amazing, the tremolo is stellar, think half power vibrolux.

$700 or would trade for a british vox ac15, a vox ac15 head/cab, some smaller marshall tube combo 1974x maybe? or another vintage-y combo of less wattage than 30. I will also entertain offers involving a mustang bass or a duo sonic (vintage) fender guitars. No strats or teles please.

4477738992_06990331da.jpg

4465030325_a7dc2c7bf3.jpg

yar kung-fu

• 3 years later...

Archived